VeggieBoards banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I'm moving this weekend! Yeah!! This will be my first place with no roommates or boyfriends to clean up after. But a bunch of people are coming to help-all omni's of course! And they are planning on staying over. Dinner is easy for me in terms of things that they would like to eat, but I find breakfast much harder. I don't really want to buy milk or eggs or butter because I would rather not christen my new kitchen with that stuff. So I was wondering if you had any vegan suggestions that have impressed omni's in the past.<br><br>
I'm planning on make a tonne of muffins and having oj etc. I could make morning smoothies...but any suggestions would be great!<br><br>
Thanks VBers!

·
Registered
685 Posts
there are a million recipes floating around the internet, including on VB or vegweb, for vegan pancakes, which can be made with stuff like bananas to replace eggs and soymilk for cowmilk (ditto for vegan french toast), or for scrambled "eggs", using tofu instead of eggs, and incorporating onions, spices, veggies, whatever. the books 'How it All Vegan' and 'Garden of Vegan' have really good breakfast sections- check em out on govegan.net

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am a devoted owner of HIAV and GOV-they are currently in a box somewhere but I'll be making the muffins from there...and the french toast sounds great...I guess some fresh fruit never hurt anyone either!<br><br>
Thanks

·
Registered
755 Posts
I am thinking:<br><br><br><br>
- large bowl of fresh fruit salad<br><br>
- stacks of vegan pancakes with maple syrup and EB<br><br>
- muffins<br><br>
- bagels with TBCC ( a good way to introduce an alternative to CC)<br><br>
- whole grain toast with all-fruit preserves<br><br>
- tofu scramble sounds very good too! serve with chopped avocado and tomatos?<br><br><br><br>
good luck with your vegan breakfast and congrats to your new place!

·
Banned
4,276 Posts
Easy crock-pot whole grain cerial:<br><br><br><br>
1 cup mixed whole grains (I use shelled barley and wheet berries)<br><br>
3 cups water<br><br>
Dash oil.<br><br>
Optional raisins or other dried fruit.<br><br>
Cinnamon to taste.<br><br><br><br>
Cook on low overninght.

·
Registered
720 Posts
My favorite French toast is made w/bananas and orange juice (rather than eggs and milk). It's soooo good! Just be sure to use a non-stick skillet or a little extra oil in the pan, b/c the o.j. makes the bread stick to the pad something fierce!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
you guys are awesome!!! Thank you so much for the suggestions. I'll let you know how it goes... but right now its back to putting all of my wordly possessions back into little boxes.<br><br>
Take care...one more sleep in my old house!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts