VeggieBoards banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of going vegan from being a pescatarian, and I thought it'd be interesting to start a blog, to keep myself motivated and to advocate for veganism as well. But it seems like a lot of vegan/food blogs in general often are repetitive--posting recipes, pictures of food, etc. I want to make it interesting. So, what would you like to see from a vegan blog that you haven't seen before? Give me some ideas; I want to know what people would like.<br><br>
If it makes any difference, I'm a teenager, I'll be heading off to college in about a year and a half, and I'd like to make it interesting/accessible especially to people my age.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I love the recipes and pictures. But one thing I really was looking forward to when I decided to go veg*n was the process. I wish I started a blog. It probably would have started as a weight loss blog, as I was exploring different healthy diets to lose weight. I then would have described how I ate and how I really wanted to eat. Then I would have discussed the books I was reading. I did a ton of research on vegetarianism when I began thinking about going veg. I would have talked about the book Skinny B!tch and then Eating Animals. Those led me to documentaries and then eventually this website. Though I've lost weight as a vegetarian, that is not my focus anymore. It's a slow process for me, so I more interested in adding healthier foods into my diet. My blog would have included slip ups (there were many). So I guess eventually the blog would have been more recipe based, but I would have posted articles and interesting facts as I went along. I celebrated my six month "veggiversary" this week, and that would have been an exciting post. And I also got a Veg tattoo today. Maybe I'm over thinking your question, but as a potential/new veg*n, the blog I explained above would have rocked my socks. Oh, and right now I'm trying to transition into going vegan. So that would probably be my focus at this point; discussing the personal struggles I'm having making the transition. Good luck. I'm very interesting in seeing what you come up with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts