VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I now have two pairs. Mmmmm. Happy feet.

Over the summer I brought the Arizona sandles, which they make in vegan-friendly micro-fibre - they even show that they don't use animal glue, which a lot of people forget. They are just about the comfiest things that I have ever owned. I have worn other shoes about 5 times since then, and only when I had to. Work, the pub, everywhere.

But now the weather is getting cold, and I live in Scotland - what to do? I couldn't have frozen feet, so I bought the Boston clog/ mule style. They arrived this morning (so impressed with the delivery service, by the way), and I have been wearing them ever since. Now I can be warm AND comfy, without committing the ultimate fashion crime of socks and sandles.

There are downsides though. Birkenstocks does sell leather shoes, but I figure that if more people know about their vegan options, the greater that market will appear to them, yes? They might make more styles? We can only hope.

Also, they are on the pricy side, but so far totally worth the investment. Oh, and just as a warning, they do run on the large side, so be careful with your ordering. Unfortunately, I've only found the vegan styles online, but perhaps if we buy more...

Anyway, that's my peice!

pirate x

·
Registered
5,982 Posts
I have a pair of sandels also (I think they are Arizonas), which I love. I didn't realize that they would run a little big when I ordered, so mine are a little large, but if I tighten them all the way they fit okay.

·
Registered
1,400 Posts
I bought a pair in the summer. I love them! Sadly, with snow on the ground, I've had to put them away for awhile. I'm looking forward to the spring!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Birkenstock has discontinued their classic vegan styles, such as the Arizona. If you can still find your size somewhere, you'd better grab it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts