VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I have just moved to the Netherlands. So this might be a long shot, but hopefully some of you based in Europe can help me out.

I'm looking for brands of face wash, makeup, soap, lotion, etc, and make a point to stick to brands which don't use animal ingredients or testing. I know the brand Lush, as well as some I can order online, but I'd rather find some good brands which I can buy in the store in order to keep expenses down. And I can't read an impressive amount of Dutch yet, so not sure what to look for on the labels, for example, if Google's translation of "niet getest op dieren" is how "not tested on animals" is said. Thanks for any help!

·
Registered
245 Posts
Oh I wanted to suggest Lush. That is the only thing I have found so far in Switzerland. It can be expensive but it is very good.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
Have a look around the department stores cos I know some of them carry vegan cosmetics like Barry M and MAC. Also the HFS. Here's a vegan discussion board where you could ask for further help. veganisme.org/forum/

If you happen to be looking for places to get vegan food from as well, including meat subs, check out the http://http://www.devegetarischeslager.nl/ They also have retail outlets offline.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I think you will be able to find this in the Netherlands (I found them in Romania, so chances are you'll find them there too): Yves-Rocher is cruelty free and doesn't use ingredients of animal origins; their products are not 100% natural, they still use chemicals and some use honey or beeswax; and the parent company is not committed to all that so you'll decide if you want to buy their products. Urtekram is a danish company and makes some vegan products, I like their vegan toothpaste and I absolutely love their shampoo, the one for sensitive scalp, with no perfume or added chemicals. Dr. Organic has a vegan toothpaste that I absolutely love and they also make shampoo, soap, cosmetics and the like. For house cleaning look for Sodasan and Sonnet. I'll add more if I remember something new.

Green People also has some vegan products.

·
The prowling wolf
878 Posts
Lush store is located in several cities in the Netherlands, the main two stores being in Amsterdam.

List of stores is to be found here:
http://www.lush.nl/shop/info/48/wink...openingstijden

It list's the name of the city first, then the street name, then the phone number of the store and then the opening times.

Hope this helps you out

·
Banned
841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I tried to go to Vegetarische Slager the other week but it was closed for the day, it's in Den Haag which is about 30 minutes from me! I keep meaning to go there.

Thanks for the list, thankfully too my Dutch vocabulary is getting to the point as well where I'm getting better at label reading. There's a big Lush store within walking distance of me, and I found a health food store by my house too that seems to have good options.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Do they sell Une brand anywhere? It's French-made, but I know they sell it all over Germany.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts