VeggieBoards banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to share a yummy filling/topping for baked potatoes that I made last night... I was sort of depressed becuase I usually put cheese on them but decided to get creative...

I don't have exact measurements either, I just went by instinct!

two and a half dessert spoons silken tofu

teaspoon nutritional yeast

teaspoon minced garlic

lemon juice (I have a squirt bottle, I just squirted a bit!)

olive oil (about a teaspoon or so)

finely chopped spinach (about 1/3 cup)

two finely chopped green onions

mix all together well, spoon on top of baked potato, bake in oven for a bit longer. This was so yummy I couldn't even taste the silken tofu! This is only enough for one potato, just increase the amounts as you see fit...

·
Registered
0 Posts
Hmm, something better to add rather than my usual salsa (my mom makes it GREAT!)

.... Mushrooms, broccolli, sauted onions and some veg broth, or margarine is good for those 'taters, too. :-D

·
Banned
10,763 Posts
I don't see how this could work. Even with the biggest potato imaginable, there is just too much stuff to sit on top of the potato. And do you smush the tofu, or do you cut it into little cubes, what? I'm seeing at least 3/4 of a cup of chopped stuff here. Even if it is all held together with a thick binding sauce, it is going to go sliding off the potato and drip onto the pan in a thin layer all around the potato, no matter how you prepare the top of the potato to absorb as much of it as possible. Unless we are talking about a potato as big as a whole large grapefruit.

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nuh-uh, soilman, it works. If you cut the potato in half and have the flat sides facing up, you have extra surface area. The silken tofu is just smushed up (I used a fork). It's between 1/2 and 3/4 cup... the potato does have to be fairly big though, but not grapefruit sized! It's thick enough not to slide off... you just make sure not to put too much lemon juice and olive oil in... next time I make it I'll take a photo...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.