VeggieBoards banner
21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
congrats

i know how you feel, my mom was all disappointed that we didn't have time this weekend to get a birthday cake for us (my bday today and hers is on thursday and my bro's is on the 19th so we celebrate all 3 on labour day) so yeah thinking i'd make her feel better i said "oh don't worry about it, i can't eat it anyways" and she got all mad and started bitching about how holidays aren't the same and the traditions are all ruined, cause i don't eat turkey and birthday cake. uhh... last i checked they weren't entirely about the food.. could be wrong lol

don't take it too personally, you know you're doing a great thing and making the right choices for you, be happy

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
It's things like this that make me glad my family has been so supportive. I usually get vegan cakes either from Whole Foods or made from scratch. Also I tried Tofurkey for the first time this year at my SO's house for Thanksgiving and it wasn't bad. I agree the Holidays are about gathering with friends and family and not necessarily the food.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by FishAreCool

Congrats! You rock!

Enjoy those soy chicken nuggets. I have yet to find vegan ones.
Health is Weath--I think that's the name--makes very good ones. They taste great with barbecue sauce, mmm.

Also, thanks everyone for the positivity and support.

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Health is Wealth buffalo wings. Mmm!!

I passed three years a couple months back. Kittee and I went out to a Vietnamese restaurant and she accidentally sprinkled fish sauce on her food instead of soy sauce - lol. (She just swapped her food for her man's, unbeknownst to him
).

21 - 26 of 26 Posts