VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's right! Tomorrow is my two year vegan anniversary, and not a bit of cheese has touched my lips in over 700 days!

Pats self on back

I've learned so much in the last two years, I've matured GREATLY (I think we might all agree on that
)

I've met some of the best people in the world online! (and even some in person, eh Teri
)

Ah! To celebrate, I'm going to eat some chicken nuggets... soy ones of course
Then read some Lord of the Rings, and then go see it again tonight for the 4th time!

It comes with a preview of the Two Towers now

Can you believe it!?

·
Registered
0 Posts
The first two years are the hardest!

I haven't eaten an egg for 8800 days... and I STILL haven't seen LOTR. The drawbacks of living in a field...

·
Registered
7,866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
TRUST ME TERI!!

I know ALLLLLLLL about the drawbacks of field living!!!

8800!! That's quite a record!!

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
congratulations, mikie!

you should be proud. it is no small feat in this society to get by without dairy and eggs.

mwah!!!

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
yay, congrats

in june it'll be my one year anniversary of going veg and of cutting out most dairy and egg. still working on the little byproducts unfortunately. i just ate some nonvegan chocolate
but it's easter, the stuff is EVERYWHERE

·
Registered
590 Posts
I figured I'd post in here rather than start a new thread..

Today it's been three years since I stopped eating meat! I can't believe it's been that long already. The time has flown by.

I wish I had somebody to celebrate with.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Thank you. I wish I had that sort of feedback from my family. Instead, I get "Maybe it's time you start eating it again" from my mom and my sister told my mom over the phone, "Maybe he'd enjoy life more if he ate "normal."

Maybe I'd enjoy life more if I could get the **** away from my family.

·
Registered
8,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Vegankat

You have a nice, big, loving family right here at VB. ^_^ We support you and applaud your achievement.
yeah, what she said!

Way to go SixFeet!! Your family should be proud of you for being true to your beliefs, even if they don't share your beliefs.

·
Registered
0 Posts
"Maybe I'd enjoy life more if I could get the **** away from my family"
Worked for me! I went off like a bullet from a gun, but it all worked out in time. Anyway, have a cyber drink with me to celebrate the dozens of corpses you haven't created by buying into the system.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Teri

"Maybe I'd enjoy life more if I could get the **** away from my family"
Worked for me! I went off like a bullet from a gun, but it all worked out in time. Anyway, have a cyber drink with me to celebrate the dozens of corpses you haven't created by buying into the system.
Lord knows I've tried to get away from them. I even went through with moving. I took my bags and that's it, nothing else, and flew down to Texas like I've been planning for two years, but because of totally screwed up circumstances, I had to come back. And here I am again, back in Ohio. God, I hate it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts