VeggieBoards banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an antique table that badly needs to be cleaned and polished. My normal go to product for this kind of thing would be beeswax. I don't have a clue as to what I should use as an alternative now that I'm not using animal products. I want something very safe since it's was my grandfather's table and I don't want to risk any kind of damage.

I've found 2 possible options while searching, but no reviews of either. One is a homemade recipe that uses a combination of olive oil and lemon. The other is this product Earth Friendly Furniture Polish.

Has anyone used either of these methods? Are they safe for antiques? Any other suggestions for a safe and effective vegan product I can use?

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
We don't have any fancy schmancy furniture polish, but I've used olive oil/lemonbefore with success. If you use a diluted vinegar rinse, it helps to get the excess oil off the furniture so it won't go rancid later and smell.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.