VeggieBoards banner

Vegan 21st Birthday

3K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  Purp 
#1 ·
I'm vegan and my 21st birthday is coming up. I don't drink that much, but recently I've been more interested in alcohol and I do have a pretty good taste for it. Does anyone have any ideas for a small celebration? I have my own apartment near my school so I thought I might have a couple friends over. I've never been to a bar and I'm not sure about how to order vegan there and I don't want to have to whip out Barnivore while there, so... I'm also a very shy and introverted person. Should I just buy some vegan booze and invite some friends over? Should I get vodka? Or something like beer or wine? Maybe play Ring of Fire or something? I really don't know anything about throwing a "party." I don't have a TV or speakers or anything either. Again, I'm not a partier and am not that sociable but I would like to have a small, private get-together with a couple friends and some alcohol while keeping it all vegan. Any ideas? 0:)

#2 ·
Happy almost birthday! :D

You sound a lot like me, I'm not much for big elaborate parties either and usually like to keep things simple and quiet with a few friends in a casual setting. I think just inviting some friends over to hang out and drink a little and play games is always a good idea, I've had many great nights that way.

For vegan-friendly alcohol you can't go wrong with hard liquor with some kind of mixer like juice or soda. White rum goes very well with fruit juice and is one of my favourites. Or you could just get some kind of vegan beer or wine, it's up to you! Whatever kind of drink you prefer.

It's always a good idea to have some snacks too. Do you enjoy cooking and baking or do you prefer to keep things simple? I've had fun in the past doing elaborate things like baking vegan cupcakes and making pizza or pasta for everyone and all kinds of dips with veggies and pita bread etc but if you're not into that just pick up some vegan chips and put them in a bowl and you're good to go. :p

Generally as long as you have some good people together with food and drinks fun conversations and activities kind of spring up on their own but it can be nice to have something planned too. You could play card games, board games, video games etc. If there's a common interest you and your friends all share that could give you some ideas for entertainment.

#5 ·
Happy soon to be 21st birthday. I'd have some friends over, and celebrate at home. I'd also have soft drinks/bottled water/ seltzer water/tea/coffee/juice/smoothie for the non drinkers and designated drivers.

Reactions: Tom
#6 ·
veggiewines.co.uk gives a full list of vegan alcoholic (and soft) drinks :)

#7 ·
I'm not much of an alcohol drinker so would be a rubbish advice. BUT if it was my big day coming up and I wanted a party I'd see it as a great opportunity to introduce people to veganism and would make extra special effort to prepare super delicious things to eat or invite everyone to a good vegan restaurant to help people realise that being vegan is not just munching on 'rabbit food' as many omnis mistakenly think

#8 ·
Nights in are just as much fun as nights out if the right people are round :)
If I ever throw a small party (as I'm at University they happen quite a lot) I bring a few friends round, get some booze, play a few card games and games like 'ring of fire', play some upbeat music and just have good conversation really.

But it's rare you can ever 'plan' these things to do because normally you just go with the flow. It's your birthday though so just make sure that you have fun! Happy 21st!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.