VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am travelling to LA in less than two weeks so I'd like to know where the good veg*n restaurants are. I'll be staying in Pasadena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
142 Posts
by far, the best vegan restaurant in l.a. is "real food daily". they are healthy and oh so yummy! here is their website: http://www.realfood.com/ i prefer their west hollywood location to their santa monica one, but the menu is the same.

if you want to venture off to the beach cities, "the green temple" in redondo beach is really good too - i go there once a week (get something w/ their savory sauce!). here's more info: http://www.happycow.net/north_americ.../soca/redondo/

there are also plenty of veg chinese places in the l.a. area - you really won't have any problem finding places to eat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
I don't know Pasadena very well, but I'm in L.A. and vegan, so these are the places I go to most often (not counting the various Chinese and Thai places I frequent):

Real Food Daily (as mentioned above)

Native Foods (my personal favorite)

Sante Kitchen

The Newsroom

Here's a website that goes into more detail on the above restaurants and many more. Should give you all the info you need:

http://www.randomgirl.com/veganla.html

Enjoy your stay!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Also, Kung Pao Bistro is a Chinese place (closest to you is probably Studio City - 11838 Ventura Blvd. 818/766-8686) that specifically has a vegetarian menu, as does the P.F. Chang's chain (the lettuce wraps rule):

Paseo Colorado

260 E. Colorado Boulevard

Pasadena, CA 91101

(626) 356-9760
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Thanks, all.

I'm going out to LA for a week in May, and if all goes well will eventually be relocating out there.

I'm also glad I won't be the only VB-er out there.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Thanks, Epski.

It's primarily a trip to apply for a job, so I'm not sure how scheduling is going to go (we're talking four days of being at thier beck and call) but it's always nice to meet some friendly local veg*ns.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
0 Posts
Thanks.

To drag this thread back on topic, I've heard good things about the Inn of the Seventh Day, although I've heard that it's pricey. Is it good? Special-occasion food, maybe? Not worth it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by MissAdventure

Thanks.

To drag this thread back on topic, I've heard good things about the Inn of the Seventh Day, although I've heard that it's pricey. Is it good? Special-occasion food, maybe? Not worth it?
Inn of the Seventh Ray. My wife and I went there for dinner after our wedding. It's fairly expensive, very good, and not too close to Pasadena.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Not very. It's more convenient to Santa Monica, Malibu and the Palisades. But if you don't mind driving 30 - 40 minutes, depending on traffic, it's a unique experience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by epski

I don't know Pasadena very well, but I'm in L.A. and vegan, so these are the places I go to most often (not counting the various Chinese and Thai places I frequent):

Real Food Daily (as mentioned above)

Native Foods (my personal favorite)

Sante Kitchen

The Newsroom

Here's a website that goes into more detail on the above restaurants and many more. Should give you all the info you need:

http://www.randomgirl.com/veganla.html

Enjoy your stay!
Yea! Native Foods. We have two of them here in the desert, the original in Palm Springs and the newer one in Palm Desert. I asked Tanya, the owner and creative chef, how things were going at their newest restaurant in L.A and she said "great" and more. I'm so happy to hear you say it's your favorite.

I know I love it! Such great food, well prepared. Very original and varied.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
196 Posts
Sorry, I goofed up. My message is in the wrong place. How silly am I. I won't try to fix it right now because I'd probably make a bigger mess. If you feel so kind, perhaps you will help this newbie learn to do it right next time.

Thanks for your patience and help.

vegluv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12,374 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by vegluv

Yea! Native Foods. We have two of them here in the desert, the original in Palm Springs and the newer one in Palm Desert. I asked Tanya, the owner and creative chef, how things were going at their newest restaurant in L.A and she said "great" and more. I'm so happy to hear you say it's your favorite.

I know I love it! Such great food, well prepared. Very original and varied.
I'm not sure what you think you did wrong, unless that big gap was something you did, and I don't know how that happened.

So, yeah, Native Foods in Westwood always seems packed now. My only complaint is that you don't get a side order with the various burgers. It's a little on the expensive side overall.

Plus, I don't like that I can't order a side of just plain broccoli. You have to order mixed veggies.

I see articles with Tanya P's helpful ideas and recipes, and I wish she applied more of that to her own menu.

But it's still my favorite, even over Real Food Daily, though that's a better sit-down restaurant, with regular table service.
 
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
Top