VeggieBoards banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone come across any good ones?<br><br><br><br>
Have any of you read Joanne Stepaniak and Vesanto Melina's new book <b>Raising Vegetarian Children: A Guide to Good Health and Family Harmony</b>? It just came out.

·
Registered
201 Posts
posted this in another thread but I bought PoesÃ*a for Xmas "New Vegetarian Baby" by Sharon Yntema and Christine Beard. I have only thumbed through it and read the intro but it seems like a very good book so far.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raising Vegan Children in a Non-Vegan World is also available at <a href="http://www.vegfamily.com." target="_blank">www.vegfamily.com.</a> It covers a great many topics about raising kids vegan. It's written in an easy to read manner, instead of being clinical, medical, and nutritional. Covers more of the social and emotional challenges we parents face trying to raise our kids vegan in a non-vegan world.

·
Registered
1,610 Posts
I found Joanne's new book rather tedious and hard to read, to be honest. I like her essays and short writings better than her big books (I didn't care for "Being Vegan" either.)<br><br><br><br>
I know other people have liked it, but I didn't think it offered much outside of Joanne's thoughts and musings, which are fine and honorable, but I was looking for a bit more concise information and/or a more enjoyable read.<br><br><br><br>
I have found myself going back to "Becoming Vegan" again and again for nutritional information for the whole family. It is probably my favorite book for well-rounded information.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts