VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just thought of something...

shouldn't the abbreviation be veg*an?

I mean the two words also share that a before the last n.

Because once we start to omit common letters, we just as well might write v*n, or just *.

You see what I mean....???

·
Registered
6,634 Posts
well i see what you mean... but um Veg*an isn't what Id call ahhh ummm abbreviated when used for vegan....

this reminds me of something my son told me once... he came up to me with his light sabre and said:

I'm mace windu or you can call me master windu for short.......

(hint) master windu isnt shorter!

edited cuz i messed up what i was trying to say

·
Registered
5,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not necessarily, because technically * stands for any string, including an empty one! (according to UN*X shell file pattern matching syntax)

But SystmDwnGrl has a good point about it actually making vegan longer!

So then we settle for v*n?

·
Registered
238,393 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

shouldn't the abbreviation be veg*
an?
I thought of that the other day! It keeps getting to me, but I never thought to post a thread about it! hmm... It makes sense if the "contraction," if you want to call it that, of vegetarian is vegan etc.

Crazy veg*ans.

·
Banned
3,607 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Oatmeal

You need a hobby. Besides crazy plant contraptions.

I say veg*n just looks the best. Veg*an is stup*id, and v*n could mean voltairean or victorian, which is fine for the freethinkers among us, and soilman (sorry buddy, you're the oldest dude I could think of) but the rest of us would just be confused.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.