VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so far, i have NOT found any good veg*n hot dogs... anybody have any reccomendations?

i've almost given up on trying to find them, hot dogs were one of my fav foods before i went vegetarian (ovo lacto)

·
Registered
0 Posts
The best ones I've tried are the Morning Star Farms frozen ones. I tried them after eating a MSF corn dog. They are GOOD! I was surprised at how yummy they were. Of course I did grill them outside so that might have influenced the taste a bit. =P

·
Registered
0 Posts
I don't think the msf dogs are vegan. I don't know WHY they can't make their stuff without egg white. I know the veggie crumbles are vegan, but other than that, I think all their stuff is just vegetarian.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I know, I wanted to try the corn dogs and chik things, but they all have egg whites. Lightlife stuff is vegan, like their breaded chik patties, those are really good! Fry em up and slap it on a bun. Yum!!

·
Registered
950 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah those lightlife chik patties are good. the msf chik things are also delish but only for o-ls ... not vegans.

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
My favorite dogs are the "GOOD DOGS"...I forget who makes them, it may have been lightlife, I'm not sure. It pissed me off because in AZ they had those, and I really liked them, and then they stopped carrying them! I just use a little bit of oil and fry them in a pad. They sort of "bubble up" around the outside, but that's ok, they're good!

Oh, and watch the expiration date on them...I've almost bought them a number of times, but they were ALL out of date! I have no idea why, I guess not many people buy them, but they should.

·
Registered
326 Posts
My young omni neices and nephew were visiting this weekend, and they seemed to enjoy the Yves Veggie Dogs. I took a little bit of Earth Balance marg. and cooked the Veggie Dogs in a frying pan. I tried a bite, but it tasted too "real" for my liking.

Edited to add: I tried the Lightlife Smart Dogs, and didn't care for them at all. They were disgusting, and had a weird chemical smell to them. The little ones took a bite and refused to eat any more. To each his/her own!

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
I really like tofu pups, they are not fat free like those "smart dogs" (which seem like they are made to be fat free more than tasty), they taste REAL AUTHENTIC, and they aren't overpowered with chemical smells or naural smoke flavor. They have a nice glow to them... Yum...

http://www.lightlife.com/pups.html

·
Registered
196 Posts
We really like the Morning Star . I have some Yves original in the "meatless" drawer of my refrigerator. Hope we like them because that would make me step one closer---.

·
Registered
2,590 Posts
I had some tofu pups for breakfast this morning.

they were pretty yummy.

definitely prefered over smart dogs.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.