VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it's getting warmer and May is just about here. What foods do you have around a campfire while camping, on your grill, etc?
I assumed all veggie dogs ere nasty but I have fallen for light life's jumbo veggie dogs!
Also grilled artichoke is amazing

·
Premium Member
16,095 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2ilianayjoshua View Post

you can buy vegan marsh mellows and chocolate and make smores.
Yeah! I like using Dandies and Terra Nostra rice milk chocolate, and any kind of graham cracker that doesn't have honey.

Also Tofurky sausages or bean burgers with all the fixin's, trail mix, Clif bars, Primal Strips, hardy fruits and veggies like apples or carrots, etc.

·
Banned
1,368 Posts
oh, and I have never camped as a veggie type, so anything you all can come up with that can be cooked on a grill would be really appreciated. Ive stole so many recipes from here already that Im over the guilt of theft.

I do have an oven and a real stove too if that helps in the menu choices, but I prefer not to use either one in the tent because they can overwork the A/C

·
Registered
3,423 Posts
^^^yes it is- turns sweeter.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

is too

Is not!

(I haven't played this game since I was about 6)

IMO, Sweet and Sara makes the BEST vegan marshmallows. They even come in flavors like pecan, strawberry, and coconut. I use them with dark chocolate and graham crackers to make s'mores. It makes my taste buds (but not my thighs), very happy.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Ooooohhhh...Field Roast makes amazing vegan sausages...There are several vegan burger recipes out there...I know vegan (kosher) gelatin is a good thing. If you're bringing something to someone else's bbq, baked beans are good.

·
Registered
6,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatman View Post

I love camping, this is the inside of my tent

This is camping, or roughing it, if you prefer. Having the life would be wall to wall carpeting.

·
Banned
841 Posts
One thing that I was introduced to when I was in Africa, which is delicious, involves cutting a butternut squash in half, scooping out the seeds, filling them with cashews, wrapping in aluminum foil and grilling for about 30 mins.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.