Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm putting together a list of veg songs. This is what I have so far:

The Smiths - "Meat is Murder"

Silverchair - "Spawn Again"

Propagandhi - "Apparently I'm a PC Fascist..."; "Nailing Descartes to the Wall"

Melanie - "I Don't Eat Animals"

I know there are many songs with that theme but my brain is stuck. Can y'all think of any more?

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
Open Your Eyes- Goldfinger

they probably have others too but i don't have any of their albums yet so i'm not sure

they even have a link to PETA on their official website

oh and there's a message board on the website and one of the forums is dedicated to vegetarian and vegan topics

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for your help. I seem to remember having a huge collection of songs like this on my old hard drive but I don't remember any of the titles. I looked up the lyrics to that Moby album and none of the songs are about AR. But I know Moby is vocal about his veganism.

·
Registered
0 Posts
I remember being at a show, and this band called the young idea was on, and the lead singer asked if we wanted to hear a song about veganism or feminism. I don't remember what song it was...plus i think they played the feminism one anyway.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
If you like punk/crust there is Conflict-many of their songs deal with A/R, A/Political, React, Resist and Exist, and Act of Heresy have a 7" record (yes, record ) entitled "Why must we die for your science". The band Nausea also has songs dealing with A/R. There is another comp from Mediaattack called DIRE which supports the ALF. There are a lot of band on that comp and all songs deal with A/R. It can be gotten at www.differentdaisy.com or directly through Mediaattack. I could go on and on, but does anyone else listen to hardcore punk/crust around here, or is it just me?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Here are some more:

Francis Cabrel - La Corrida (anti-bullfighting)

The Levellers - Is This Art? (anti-vivisection)

Another song that can be interpreted as being empathic towards animals is "The Calfless Cow" by Alasdair Roberts, though I am unsure it was meant as such. It does hint at it though.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts