VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
During the week after I get out of school, I am going to be taking a trip to NYC with my choir class, and I was wondering where I could go that would be veg-friendly for shopping and for eating. I thought I would take full advantage of this trip since I live in a (I don't know if I should call it a large town or a small city,) and there aren't that many options for me. So if you live in or have visited NYC, help me out.

·
Registered
381 Posts
AWESOME!

I went up to NYC in December. I checked around and there are some really good veg places there. Angelika's Kitchen is one of them.

However, I didn't have a chance to go there, so their website is all I saw. I ended up going to Whole Foods in Union Square. I've never been to one near me (an hour and a half away), but it took a trip to NYC to get me there. Three kinds of tofu and other nummy veg stuff!

Good luck with everything! NY is such a cool city.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Here's a sortable list of restaurants that you can filter by level of vegetarian/veganism.

http://supervegan.com/restaurants.php

I went to Candle 79 and loved it. As far as other stores, I can't help much. About the only thing I shop for when traveling is art supplies. Oh, for groceries: this link http://www.greenpeople.org/healthfood.htm gives a list of healthy (and mostly vegetarian) food stores-- it's for all the states, but includes NY.

·
Registered
157 Posts
New York's retaurants are awesome. I haven't been there since I went vegan but they have such a wide array of ethnic restaurants you will not have a difficult time at all. Just look on the Internet for some options you can eat at various ethnic retaurants (I LOVE Jamaican food and a lot is veggie) and if you like, find some vegetarian restaurants in Manhattan. We don't have any 100% vegetarian restaurants here, so I'm jealous!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Kate's is down in the Lower East Side. It's great. There's also Zen Palette, that's asian fusion and it's good.

NYC is great though for Veg food. Almost anywhere you go, including steak houses even, offer veg food.

have fun!

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks a whole bunch! I'm basically sticking to Manhattan, and I can't wait; although, I have the earliest flight (I have to be at the school by 2:00 am to reach the nearest airport in time.) Anyway, I appreciate your help since I know I'm not as limited as I thought I would be (even though I knew I would have a lot more option than here.)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts