VeggieBoards banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.vegfestvancouver.com/

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=222947547722667

Quote:
Veg Fest Vancouver is a day-long outdoor festival which will be happening on June 19th, 2011 as part of the Main Street Car Free Festival. At the festival will be live music from local artists, vegan food vendors, tables for animal protection organizations, and much, much more! And best of all, its entirely FREE to attend!

This event was made possible by the help of many volunteers, the great folks at Saving Animals Canada (www.saving-animals.ca), and the Main Street Car Free Festival (www.carfreevancouver.org/locations/main-street/).
I can't wait! It should be tons of fun
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
136 Posts
Quote:
The Car Free Festival attracts over 40,000 people each year.....
Most of those people will be on Commercial Drive not Main St-I've cycled to both on the same day and the Commie Drive event is many many times larger.

That being said Commercial Drive is notorious for huge street level clouds of noxious smoke from roasting meat-even meat eaters complain of the stench and poor air quality.

Which brings us to another issue-these so called festivals are mostly just excuses to sell something -for a premium price.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Barilko View Post

Most of those people will be on Commercial Drive not Main St-I've cycled to both on the same day and the Commie Drive event is many many times larger.

That being said Commercial Drive is notorious for huge street level clouds of noxious smoke from roasting meat-even meat eaters complain of the stench and poor air quality.

Which brings us to another issue-these so called festivals are mostly just excuses to sell something -for a premium price.
Thanks for the input, Captain Buzzkill.

I'll be avoiding the meat centered areas on Commercial and sticking to Veg Fest myself. You're more than welcome to just stay home.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Werewolf Girl View Post

Thanks for the input, Captain Buzzkill.I'll be avoiding the meat centered areas on Commercial and sticking to Veg Fest myself. You're more than welcome to just stay home.
The city is my home and I visit all parts of it regularly quite unlike some homebodies I could name.

Also the smell of roasting/frying meat isn't unknown @ the Car Free Days on Main Street either-it depends how windy it is.....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Barilko View Post

The city is my home and I visit all parts of it regularly quite unlike some homebodies I could name.

Also the smell of roasting/frying meat isn't unknown @ the Car Free Days on Main Street either-it depends how windy it is.....
Well if you want to come then do it! This is our first annual Veg Fest and we could use all the vegetarians we can get.

If the smell of frying meat bothers you all the more reason to come out and show support for cruelty free food that doesn't stink.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top