VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry if I'm duplicating another thread here...

What would you say is the most veg friendly fast food restaurant out there?

I would have to say Bakers Drive Thru. They have a huge selection of VERY GOOD vegetarian food. That, along with In-n-out burger and Del Taco are the only 3 fast food places I'll eat at. That's it. The grilled cheese at In-n-out is the best! I worked there for 2.5 years (right before going veg) and it's the best company ever (even though they serve meat).

What do YOU think?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
In engerland Id say Subway - long as you get them to change gloves/not use the same knife.

I like salad though so that does me fine, I guess a lot of people dont like it 'cause theres no actual food food apart from that patty thingy (ew mushrooms *hiss*)

Other than that ummm I dont know! Not much else around (and i live in a city!). BK veggie burger is ok (kids meal = cheapo) i theres bugger all else around. O and random pasty shops, hehe.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,950 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Heart View Post

In London and Brighton, there is a fully vegetarian fast food chain: Red Veg. It's good, but a bit expensive.
THATS THE ONE I KEEP MENTIONING IN OTHER THREADS!!!

Sorry Excitement.

I went there once in london, then lost it for all of time!

Next time I go home I'll have to make sure to stop off. hehe.

They should open one in bristol [or not, cause ill get fat]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
17 Posts
I would have to second the vote for Subway. They have salads which you can customize as well as a few vegetarian sub choices. Generally, I avoid fast food restaruants and look for a grocery store salad bar when I'm in a hurry.

Kristie
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirate Ferret View Post

In engerland Id say Subway - long as you get them to change gloves/not use the same knife.

I like salad though so that does me fine, I guess a lot of people dont like it 'cause theres no actual food food apart from that patty thingy (ew mushrooms *hiss*)

Other than that ummm I dont know! Not much else around (and i live in a city!). BK veggie burger is ok (kids meal = cheapo) i theres bugger all else around. O and random pasty shops, hehe.
The only thing I can eat from Subway is a Veggie Delight, which is really bland. Yuck. *hehe* I'm picky though. I know the bread isn't vegan for anyone who is. I've seen Subways with the veggie patty, but not locally. My sis said it was gross anyway.

I tried the veggie burger at Burger King and it was AWFUL. Why not use the Grillers? They're so much better! I think every restaurant should switch to either MF grillers originals or Boca Vegan. Yumm
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Heart View Post

In London and Brighton, there is a fully vegetarian fast food chain: Red Veg. It's good, but a bit expensive.
I'm jealous! We don't have any veggie fast food chains here! If I ever travel there, I'm stopping by
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Alana View Post

Subway & Taco Bell
I heard you have to be careful at Taco Bell because there is gelatin in the sour cream. I've been to Taco Bell a few times (not recently) and all I could get was a burrito.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by eyeopening View Post

I would have to second the vote for Subway. They have salads which you can customize as well as a few vegetarian sub choices. Generally, I avoid fast food restaruants and look for a grocery store salad bar when I'm in a hurry.

Kristie
They only have 1 veggie sub here and if I get everything on it that I like, it's still boring. I'm not a salad fan at all. Since no one has said anything about Bakers, I'm guessing there isn't one by anyone. It's good and they have a seperate menu
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,101 Posts
Taco del Mar in Seattle; there was a burrito place in Indianapolis I visited that had tofu on the menu, wish I could remember the name; here in Edmonton I like Badass Jack's and Taco Time.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by thatoneguy View Post

Taco Bell
I think I need to try Taco Bell again... I don't remember it having much healthy, balanced meals though. Don't eat the sour cream, it's not vegetarian.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
34,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4EverGrounded View Post

Subway, Taco Del Mar, Taco Bell, and Wendy's.
Wendy's doesn't have any balanced meals though. I know they have baked potatoes and small salads, but that's about it. That's why I like Bakers... they have main dishes that are veg. I feel like all Wendy's has is side dishes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
65 Posts
OOH! OOH! Well, I don't really know many, and I think the Burger King one is gross, but I know how to make the Veggie Delight at Subway taste like HEAVEN!!!! I ALWAYS ask for it with the sweet onion sauce (which tastes in no way like onions, lol) because when I was omni the only thing I would ever buy from there was the sweet onion chicken teriyaki thingamabob. So...yeah...with the sauce it tastes like the sandwich but without the dead stuff! mmmmm
I have been looking for sweet onion sauce EVERYWHERE but I cant find it!!!

Oh, and pickles and olives (with other things) make a great combo.

Does Ruby Tuesdays or Whataburger have a veggie burger?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I heard you have to be careful at Taco Bell because there is gelatin in the sour cream. I've been to Taco Bell a few times (not recently) and all I could get was a burrito.
You don't have to "be careful" you just don't get sour cream. It's easy to veganize stuff there; vegetarianize even easier.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
2,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

I think I need to try Taco Bell again... I don't remember it having much healthy, balanced meals though. Don't eat the sour cream, it's not vegetarian.
You didn't ask for healthy food. You asked for fast food.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,324 Posts
moonjumper- yes ruby tuesdays has a veggie burger and it is amazing. especially with bbq sauce. never tried the sweet onion sauce at subway..sounds good though.
 
1 - 20 of 85 Posts
Top