VeggieBoards banner
301 - 307 of 307 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Libellula View Post

because many lacto/ovo vegetarians will not consume (animal) rennet, as an animal has to die for it to be used in the production of cheese.
Ah so lacto/ovo vegetarians don't eat stuff that requires an animal to die but they can eat foods from animals that suffer their entire existence. But aren't spent dairy cows just slaughtered and used for meat, so in a sense they are required to die because the way the industry works? I will never understand Lacto-ovo Vegetarians.

Edit: I'm curious, has anyone ever tried ordering a pizza from papa johns (or any other franchises that use vegan dough) without the cheese and just vegetable ingrediants. If so, how was it?

·
Registered
11,759 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by section31 View Post

Ah so lacto/ovo vegetarians don't eat stuff that requires an animal to die but they can eat foods from animals that suffer their entire existence. But aren't spent dairy cows just slaughtered and used for meat, so in a sense they are required to die because the way the industry works? I will never understand Lacto-ovo Vegetarians.

Edit: I'm curious, has anyone ever tried ordering a pizza from papa johns (or any other franchises that use vegan dough) without the cheese and just vegetable ingrediants. If so, how was it?
This isn't the thread to debate lacto-ovo vegetarianism vs. veganism

·
Banned
177 Posts
Most these restaurants bread are not vegan, tipically your softer breads are going to have eggs in them, french bread is generally the only bread with no eggs that is why it is harder.My father is a chef and owner of restaurant and gave me this information , I find this information accurate considering the source.

·
Registered
709 Posts
When there was a papa john's near me, I used to order pizza without cheese all the time. It was pretty good. Also their garlic dipping sauce is (or was) vegan. They were very good about contacting their source of the lacid acid to see if it was vegan (which it was).

·
Registered
10 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lelena View Post

When there was a papa john's near me, I used to order pizza without cheese all the time. It was pretty good. Also their garlic dipping sauce is (or was) vegan. They were very good about contacting their source of the lacid acid to see if it was vegan (which it was).
Thanks, i'll try this.

301 - 307 of 307 Posts