VeggieBoards banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
So a summer Cedar Point field trip, anyone? Kings Island is probably closer to some of the posters in this thread, but aside from the distinction of having been featured on the Brady Bunch, it's a comparatively lame amusement park. I really want to ride that new coaster.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
The Millenium Force is awesome! Road it 2x's last year. I want to ride the Dragster. Have you checked out Cedar Point's website? You can take a virtual ride on it. I'll have to make sure I have a strong stomach that day for that one! Cedar Point Rocks!!

I'm in!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Too late to jump into this thread? I'm also an Ohioan - currently living in Dayton but getting ready to move to Columbus to attend vet school next fall. Any tips on vegan living in Columbus, or places to live on the west side of town would be appreciated!!

It's great to see so many Ohio people here!

Peggy

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
Okay I just checked out cedarpoint.com...
...Can't wait!

I know I'll go several times this year. Any weekend you want to plan it, I can probably be there (except for Memorial Day weekend, already got plans).

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Yeah, I'm in New Orleans the last weekend of May and in Florida the first week of July. Other than that I'm down for whatever weekend. I'm not a good organizer though. We should reserve us a pavillion or something so we can bring our own food. Sort of like a pot-luck. Wouldn't that be fun?

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Sindy

When is the vb trip to cedar point? It might give me an excuse to see my peeps in Cincy.
Just want to clarify here, just in case there was a mixup. Cedar Point is up on the coast of Lake Erie. King's Island is close to Cinti.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Hey I would love to come but I don't have a car so will there be a carpool from Cincinnati?!??! PLEEEAASSSEEEEE!!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'd suggest avoiding living on the west side of Columbus. I work on the west side, but would not want to live there. It lacks character and is an economically depressed part of town.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
VIO,

Are the rail road tracks pretty much the dividing line between the upscale and downscale sections of Columbus? The pastor of Agora Christian Fellowship is the brother of my pastor, and I've been there to help with the various community outreaches they do. Agora is right between the two sets of rail road tracks off of Broad St., at least I think that's the street name. A month ago I helped move an older woman associated with Agora into a house in what I would consider to be a run-down neighborhood. I'm sure I haven't seen the "worst" of Columbus, but I thoroughly enjoyed the time I have spent among the Columbus locals.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm not sure exactly where you are referring to. Broad St. is a long one and travels thorugh a pretty wide variety of neighborhoods on the west and east sides.

·
Registered
1,351 Posts
I live in Mich now but Im from Ohio. I was born in Norwalk,thats right by Cedar Point. My Dad still lives there. I also lived in Akron and Lima.

I would be up for a Cedar Point trip. I only live about 6 hours away and I visit my Dad regularly. Greyhoundgirl lives only 40 minutes from me and I know she would like to go. My Dad gets me a real good discount at a motel in Norwalk,if you guys are for real I could look into it. Also my sister lives outside Clevland....Rock & Roll Hall of Fame might make a nice trip. Ive never been.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts