VeggieBoards banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
evidently he/she is still around, but i just wanted to see if "veganinohio" has visited lately to get back in touch...

-emily

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I currently live in Bowling Green, OH which is about 25 miles south of Toledo (as has been previously mentioned
We have a lovely vegetarian restaurant called Squeakers and it has been a godsend. They serve great vegetarian and vegan food plus they have a mini grocery store so you can stock up on supplies. The staff is very knowledgable about all of the food/products and they are happy to order something special. I haven't been to Skyline Chili yet, but I have heard good things about it. Also our Kroger has a organic/vegetarian section, but it is kind of sketchy because they frequently run out of stuff and don't restock right away.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I live in Cleveland. My fav's are: Chipolte's (for their veggie burrito), Alladin's, and Soul Vegetarian.

Wow, we do have a lot of member's from Ohio.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I am from Columbus Ohio but have been is Seattle the last 3 years this June

I do not miss the snow

I miss the friends and OSU campus insanity

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I WANT TO GO TO SOUL VEG!!! I have heard SO much about it but never have gotten the chance to go to one (I think the closest I ever got was when I went to chicago for 1 night- but we were not able to go there to eat)...

-emily

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Yep, there's a Soul Vegetarian on the East Side and one downtown in the Colonial Arcade (like a 5 minute walk from my work). My fav is the chili and cornbread. I had the sweet and sour steak tips the other day and they were damn good! I've also had the gyro. Oh, and the greens are out of this world! I could go on and on..down home food. Mmmmmm!!!

·
Registered
164 Posts
hey all...

I am in Cincinnati (northeast/east side). Grew up here and went to Kent State then came right back to Cincinnati

(I know it is an old topic but I love the Black Bean Burritos at Skyline)

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hi Allibaba. I am in Cincinnati too! Yep, love Skyline's burritos, or black beans & rice over spaghetti! Also some good veg dinings around the city are Myra's (not all veg, but some really good vegan options) on Calhoun, near UC. Shanghai Mama's downtown. Manna's downtown. MMMM I am hungry. Also, Cody's cafe has really good veggie burgers!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
I love Cedar Point! I go there every summer!
Did you hear about the new coaster, it's about more than 400ft.!
I'll be on it though!
I love big and fast coasters!

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello Starsprite!

I don't make it to the campus area much anymore. Maybe that will be something for me to do during the summer, go down there and sample some different veg places. I saw that Gold Star now has a vegetarian chili, haven't tried it yet though. If you try it then let me know if it is any good
A McAlister's Deli just opened up in Kenwood. They have some good vegetarian stuff (not sure about vegan but I would guess the chili is probably vegan?). Take care!

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Hi Guys! I am so excited cuz I love the natti! I used to have to go to there for summer every year since I was 12! I have a ton of cousins there and friends. I miss it. I spent a heck of a lot of time hanging out on Ludlow cuz my aunt lived on whitfield. I also stayed in Northside a lot. There's a veg restraunt there, I forgot what it is called. oh well. There are a ton of veg places and the music scene is the best. I have gone to some of the very best shows on short Vine. I miss Cincinatti
Did anyone ever go to No Anchovies in Ludlow? Lol-I spent soo much time there(I saw Mike D there once) I also used to skate around Clifton like crazy! *Sigh* I will go back soon to revisit my youth I guess. I live in Austin, Tx so its a long way to Cincy.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
I'm from Ohio. ^_^ Ashland area (kinda north-central Ohio).

I love Cedar Point too, but I won't ride anything taller than the Magnum.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
It sounds like we have more than enough for a summertime Ohio VBers gathering!

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I'm still around, thanks for asking. I check in from time to time. What was the "mass VW exodus"? Sounds like I missed something weird.

I haven't been posting because I haven't had much interesting to say, I guess. For some reason, I posted twice yesterday (not that what I posted was particularly interesting). Maybe I'm back, I dunno.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Right now I live in New Mexico but I just found out that I will have a job in Columbus starting in June when I graduate from New Mexico State Univ. My job will be in Gahanna. Does anyone have any suggestions for me on nice safe areas of town to live in...perhaps close to where I will be working. Or any suggestions on places I should check out....perhaps good food shopping and eating.

Thanks All

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
I don't really hang out anywhere anymore. I'm turning into an old, domestic fart (Oh my aching bones. I'm 28 fer christsake. I've gotta take it easy these days). I just bought a house. I have a yard that I have to rake and mow. I always swore that I'd move out of Ohio, but now I've got a decent job, property, and roots. What the hell is happening to me? Somebody please kill me before I turn into a Republican.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Gahanna is a nice part of town, but too suburby for my tastes. You could check out living in Bexley, which is a pretty nice area of Columbus, near Gahanna. Capitol University is there so there's a bit of a college town feel plus there's a food co-op in the neighborhood. German Village is another cool spot that's not ridiculously far from Gahanna.

For my money, though, I'd say live in Clintonville. It is centrally located, just north of OSU campus. Minutes from O.S.U., minutes from downtown, it's a really great neighborhood--food co-op, good, inexpensive restaurants, ethnic markets. Maybe a 20 min. drive from Gahanna.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts