VeggieBoards banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok I decided to try this one tonight for dinner. Hmm, I am not really sure what to make of it. It had kind of a spongey texture but a definate chicken-like taste (well, as much as I can recall). I warmed it in the oven for a few, then in a skillet (as it was taking too darn long to thaw), then back in the oven with some bbq sauce.<br><br><br><br>
It might be good in some pasta with a creamy sauce or maybe in a fake chicken salad but I don't think this is the kind of thing I will ever find myself craving.<br><br><br><br>
Any ideas for this product??<br><br><br><br>
I am trying to find healthier meal replacements that don't include tons of cheese.<br><br><br><br>
Thanks

·
Registered
739 Posts
I tossed the Veat nuggets together in a skillet with some cajun spice, onions and peppers, slapped it on a tortilla with some salsa and enjoyed a very tasty (and simple) fajita! YUMMY!

·
Registered
81 Posts
I've only had the Veat Chicken Breast, and I liked it a lot.<br><br>
It was juicy and flavorful and was very similar to real chicken (which is not always a good thing for members here).<br><br>
However, it isnt vegan, I believe it contains whey and egg whites.<br><br>
I would use this if I was making dinner for some omnis, combined with other ingredients or with sauce and cheese, they would never know the difference!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts