VeggieBoards banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
A while back, having seen bits of Buffy and not being terribly impressed with it, I tended to be rather wary of the hype around Joss Whedon's name. One of my message boards about comic books, though, is actually dedicated to Whedon, so I had to hear about about Whedon this and Joss that and firefly that all the bloody time. Everybody seemed terribly excited about Whedon, especially the Firefly series. So, when a friend offered to lend me the DVDs, I thought 'what the hell, let's see what this is about'. And I've been hooked ever since. I watched Serenity soon after I finished the series, but now I want more!! More I say!

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Ok, so has anyone of you guys given the Serenity comic books a go? I think they're supposed to cover the time period between the end of the series till the film begins. I would love more Firefly material, but for some reason, I tend to shy away from TV-related comic books. Would love feedback from anyone who's read them.

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

I've read some of them...not sure exactly how much because I got them in book form instead of comic book form. It might even be all of them, but if so it doesn't end very well

Pretty cool though, and ties into the show well. I don't regret buying them.
Thanks for your input, Isowish, I was wondering if it would be worth buying them or reading them.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts