Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next is Reneeannem!

The week will be from the 12th to the 19th.

Interview Guidelines:

• To be next week's interviewee, you must participate in this week's thread.
  • Please keep VB rules in mind when you post.
  • The interviewee can pass on any question if they'd like.
  • You can decline if you are picked to be the next interviewee.
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reneeannem View Post

-Real first name: Renee

-Sex/Gender Identity: Female

-Relationship status: In a relationship. We just moved in together after 6 years together at the beginning of this month.

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being): Central Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada

-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof): Atheist. About a 6.5 on the Dawkins scale.

-Political leanings: Left. NDP ftw!

-Are you a vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?: Happily vegan.

-What is the meaning behind your username?: It's my first name, middle name and the first letter of my last name. I'm not good with nicknames.

-Have you ever met anyone famous? Ummmm.... Twice I walked past James van der Beek (Dawson's Creek fame) but I didn't stop. My roommate at the time shamed me into not doing so, even though that was my favourite show as a teenager. So, almost...

-Do you live with any companion animals? One quirky rescue cat named Samwise Gamgee. He's with a nanny right now until I get a pet friendly apartment. I miss him!

-Do you live with any companion humans? My boyfriend, Nathan.

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited? Montreal is the city of my heart.

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n? I love everything about it. I couldn't pick one aspect, it's been so great fro my development as a compassionate individual. I guess if forced, I'd say being able to live a less hypocritical lifestyle and really attempting to line my actions up with my ethics.

-With whom would you most love to have dinner? David Bowie! Or Ron Weasley, but he's not real.

-Do you have any secret talents? I'm a very resourceful cook. If you think there's nothing to eat, I can probably make something delicious!

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off? Panko-breaded tofu. Or carrot cake.

-What's your favorite restaurant? There's an adorable falafel restaurant that has a fantastic vegan selection (all clearly marked) and is super cheap. It's called the Falafel Place. I love it!

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue? Listen to Bob Dylan or watch Gilmore Girls.

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster? Once I made lentil soup that was awful (when I was omni, with bacon) that I couldn't eat lentils for years afterwards. I don't know what happened.

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"? Good Greek yogourt. I've found a vanilla yogourt that is tolerable, but not a plain one.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa View Post

what do you read? fiction or non fiction?

do you travel often?
I've been a bookworm for the past two decades! I love both fiction and non fiction. I think I probably read more fiction.

I travel a couple of times a year, but this will probably increase soon, as my job require a little travel. I do visit Montreal at least once a year, as all of my friends have moved there and I haven't managed to make any new ones.

·
Registered
711 Posts
Which do you prefer, Harry Potter or the Gilmore Girls?

Who would you consider to be an inspirational female role model?

Dogs or cats? Or both?

What's your favourite colour?

If you could be Prime Minister for a day, what would you do for the country first?

Which do you prefer, strawberries or raspberries?

If you weren't a Canadian, which country would you like to be from?

What's your opinion of beards?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Do you wear jewelry? If so, do you have a favorite piece of jewelry?

strawberry jam or orange marmalade?

Are you a blue jeans girl or a skirts-and-dresses kind of girl?

Have you ever encountered wildlife up close and personal?

What would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with your SO?

Can you get good vegan ice cream in Winnipeg?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ira View Post

what is your favorite thing to do on your free evenings?

whuch place would you like to go to the most?

who is your favorite music artist?
My favourite thing to do on my free evening is to eat a delicious meal and watch TV. If I'm alone, I'll watch Gilmore Girls. It's almost a compulsion at this point!
If it's my boyfriend and I, I try to get him to watch Firefly or we watch reruns of SNL on netflix. I'm easy to please!

I am hoping to take a trip to England to see a very dear friend next year. After that, I'd love to go to Brazil.

I'm a music junkie, so I can't possibly say just one.

Top five:

Bob Dylan
Neil Young
Radiohead
Arcade Fire
Never, ever choose a 5th one, you never know what you might hear in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

Which do you prefer, Harry Potter or the Gilmore Girls?

Who would you consider to be an inspirational female role model?

Dogs or cats? Or both?

What's your favourite colour?

If you could be Prime Minister for a day, what would you do for the country first?

Which do you prefer, strawberries or raspberries?

If you weren't a Canadian, which country would you like to be from?

What's your opinion of beards?
That's actually tough to say. Gilmore Girls ended 4 years ago and there are quite few not so great things about it. Harry Potter has so much going for it, and books are my true love. There - how's that for dancing around the question?

I consider Elizabeth I, Ellen Page, Hillary Clinton, Isabel Allende, and JK Rowling to be great role models. I'm sure there are more.

Both. Can't choose.

Pink is my favourite colour.

If I was Prime Minister for a day I would change Canada's electoral system to ensure that 40% of the vote doesn't get a majority government.
Then I would implement amendments to our constitution that protected a woman's right to autonomy over her own body, one's right to marry the person they love, and universal health care. I would work with the provinces to include a more comprehensive French program (English in the East) so that our children had a fair chance at becoming bilingual, and some kind of anti-patriarchal education. I would sell Alberta to the US. It would be a busy, busy day! Then I'd hand the country back over to Mr. Jack Layton.

I prefer raspberries picked straight off the bush, or sweet strawberries otherwise. *skirts question again*

I think I'd like to be from France, as that is where my family came from (in the 1600s).

I like beards, generally speaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Do you wear jewelry? If so, do you have a favorite piece of jewelry?

strawberry jam or orange marmalade?

Are you a blue jeans girl or a skirts-and-dresses kind of girl?

Have you ever encountered wildlife up close and personal?

What would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with your SO?

Can you get good vegan ice cream in Winnipeg?
I'm not much a jewelery wearer. I have a self imposed ridiculous rule of only wearing one accessory at a time. I have an owl necklace that I love, love, love! I get compliments on it all the time and no one knows I only bought because of Harry Potter!

ETA: Strawberry jam! I hated marmalade as a kid and haven't given another chance.

I'm a skirt and dress kind of girl. Joan Holloway from Mad Men is my clothing inspiration.

Once there was an cute little fox in the back yard of a cottage I was staying at. I've seen deer and a moose, too, because I'm Canadian!

I would pack portabella mushroom sandwiches, crinkle cut carrot sticks, garlic stuffed olives, hummus, (non-alcoholic) apple cider and brownies.

You can get good vegan ice cream in Winnipeg, but not as good as some that I read about on here. My homemade vegan ice cream is better (and cheaper!)

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
How's living with your bf going?

Are you learning new things about each other's habits and personality that you never knew before you started sharing the same living space?

Do you agree that Nathan Fillion is awesome?

Have you ever been to the US?

Have you watched the show Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place?

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Do you like lilacs?
Is there any condiment that you like to put on EVERYTHING?
Curtains or blinds?
Have you ever seen a pineapple plant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fadeaway1289 View Post

I do.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:

How's living with your bf going?

Are you learning new things about each other's habits and personality that you never knew before you started sharing the same living space?

Have you ever been to the US?

Have you watched the show Two Guys, a Girl and a Pizza Place?
It's going well.

We've been essentially living together for quite some time, so there are really no surprises. He's tidy, I'm not. I cook, he cleans.

Yes. He is the awesomest!

I have been the US. I drove through the northeast states on my way back from Nova Scotia when I was a kid. I've been to Grand Forks more times than I can count. I took a trip with my friend's family when I was 15 to L.A., we drove the whole way there (and back)! I went to NYC for my 20th birthday. That was also the first birthday I celebrated since my 4th, so it was pretty awesome! Considering I was very poor as a child, I have had some crazy opportunities present themselves when it comes to travelling! My boss wants to send me to Colorado in June 2012, so that'll be something new!

I am pretty sure I saw that show when it aired. I remember thinking to myself when Ryan Reynolds started to become famous: "that's the guy from that show about a pizza place!".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Do you like lilacs?
Is there any condiment that you like to put on EVERYTHING?
Curtains or blinds?
Have you ever seen a pineapple plant?
I love lilacs, especially white ones. I am the kind of person who enjoys very simple things in nature.

No, I'm not crazy for condiments. I use them in moderation. I just discovered maple-mustard sauce, though. I am pretty thrilled about that, as it is better than honey mustard, which I always loved.

I think I'll go with curtains.

I have only seen a pineapple plant in pictures. Let me tell you, it was not what I was expecting!

·
Registered
10,324 Posts
What's your favorite pizza topping?

Are you guilty of watching reality tv?

What was the craziest thing that ever happened to you while working at Starbucks? I'm sure you've got tons of stories about insane customers.

What's your favorite holiday?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:

What's your favorite pizza topping?

Are you guilty of watching reality tv?

What was the craziest thing that ever happened to you while working at Starbucks? I'm sure you've got tons of stories about insane customers.

What's your favorite holiday?
Eggplant. Won't even bother with pizza unless there's eggplant.

No, I'm not guilty! No cable, so it's DVDs and Netflix only.

Oh, gosh. Starbucks. So, so many crazy things. Don't know how much to say to keep this PG-13, but one guy was having a little too much fun with his hand in his pocket while ordering a drink. Creepiest thing ever.

Christmas, I love it! It was not a part of my childhood, so it is extra special to me. My boyfriend has a fantastic sense of whimsy and innocence, and we just get so into the season. It's so special!

·
Registered
711 Posts
If you were given a time machine so you could go back in time and watch any event in history, but not change it, which event would you want to watch?

Who's your favourite member of the Beatles?

Which decade do you think made the best movies?

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:

How has your childhood sculpted you into the person you are now?

Is there a certain movie or story that had a big impact on your life?

Are you a coupon clipper?

Do you have a facebook addiction?
My childhood made me appreciate the freedom I now have to be nothing but the person I am. It's something that is so valuable but so often taken for granted. It made me about as skeptical as any one person can be. It made distrustful, but always respectful, of authority in general. It's not easy for me to make friends, and I know that it is because of the situation I raised in.

Yes, actually. 1984 by George Orwell. It has haunted and inspired me from the moment I started to read it. It helped me to start to shake off the cognitive dissonance and gain freedom. I still read it once a year.

I try to be coupon clipper, but I'm just not good at it. I went all out and printed a whole bunch of coupons a few months back, but never got around to using them.

I enjoy my facebook, but am definitely not addicted. I deactivated my account for a while, and while I missed some of my amazing virtual friends, I did not miss the experience of that particular social networking site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoGoGoddess View Post

If you were given a time machine so you could go back in time and watch any event in history, but not change it, which event would you want to watch?

Who's your favourite member of the Beatles?

Which decade do you think made the best movies?
I would want to see the moment Henry VIII fell in love (became infatuated) with Anne Boleyn. It changed the course of history forever! I probably wouldn't want to smell them, though.
I'm also very curious what she was like as person and that might give me a glimpse into that.

George Harrison. There's just no contest. He's not "the quiet one", he's "the awesome one"!

Gosh, what decade? Woody Allen is my favourite film maker and some of his best films are from the '80s, so I'll go with that decade. Plus, the '80s produced License to Drive.
There are some pretty great movies made now, but so many very, very bad ones.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

What is your favourite type of tea?

Do you like lying in the grass doing nothing in the summer?
I love tea! I always have dozens of different kinds in my cupboard. I think my favourite is green tea, but the kind you get at sushi restaurants. I believe it is roasted.

Yes. Yes, I do. It's a simple pleasure, and I love simple pleasures.

·
Banned
1,127 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

Do you listen to podcasts?

Mouse or touchpad?

Do you like Swedish Fish?
I do! I listen to Mugglecast regularly (
) and a French phrase-of-the-day one.

Mouse.

I like Swedish Fish, they're yummy!

Quote:

What was your favorite movie when you were a kid?

Did you ever have a crush on any boy bands when you were a teen?

What's your favorite type of flower?
I really loved the original Parent Trap, Sabrina and the newer The Little Rascals.

I did not. I was too cool for boy bands! I can confess to a bizarre and rabid crush on Eminem, and he's not any better than any of those guys in those boy bands.

My favourite flower is the peony. They're just so beautiful! They smell wonderful, too.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.