VeggieBoards banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Our next star is happyhippy! Her interview will run until the 19th of November.

Please remember a few simple rules:
-Ask only a few questions at a time.
-At the end of the week, the interviewee will pick who gets interviewed next out of those who participated in his/her thread.
-Please don't argue with the interviewee if she/he says something that you disagree with. It's an interview, not a debate.
-The interviewee can decline to answer any question, and anyone chosen to be interviewed can refuse.

Here's the starter Q&A:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyhippy View Post

-Real first name: Lesley Grace

-Sex/Gender Identity: female..although I am a bit blokey apparently(examples of this being... I dont like girlie shopping and love football and cars)

-Relationship status: Enjoying a five year party with Clueless git and hoping they forget to announce the last waltz.

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being): Milton Keynes, England

-Religious beliefs (or lack thereof): Brought up strict C of E in very Christian extended family but a bit of a crisis of faith following death of my parents in the last ten years. Finding that Buddhism answers more questions then Christianity ever did for me so working on developing Buddhist principles and a Buddhist nature as a core guideline to how I live my life.

-Political leanings: Confused!!! Been accused of being conservatively Marxist! Strongly Marxist originally but now a more muted liberal /leftie attitude. Born of a proud conservative mother and a staunch labour supporting father is my only excuse for the confusion!!!lol

-Are you a vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?: Veggie one year then Vegan for four. Was originally Vegan for a period of seven years in my thirties.

-What is the meaning behind your username?: There isnt one really....my normal online usernames are comicdiva and slackalice both of which I love but due to a technical problem originally I needed to supply an alternative and I chose this which I do not actually like!!! Going to work out how to change it back when I get round to it.

-Have you ever met anyone famous?: Dave Lee Travis (dj), Zeeve Schmool(photographer to the rich and famous)...so no not really!!!

-Do you live with any companion animals?: I have a golden retriever dog named Oscar who is afraid of people, dogs, ironing boards and clouds!

-Do you live with any companion humans?: Not so much a companion at the moment ..he is 19 and a sullen teenager who allegedly lives upstairs. I believe this to be true because dirty plates and socks keep emerging from a back bedroom. His name is Alex and he is my son.

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited?: Until last week Crete but now Palma which I discovered on holiday last Thursday.

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n?: Being clean. Being able to sleep at night.

-With whom would you most love to have dinner?: Steven Fry, Gandhi,(wouldnt everyone?) Jerry Hall,Ozzie Osbourne, Fay Weldon, Millgram author of 'Obedience to authority' books and research,

-Do you have any secret talents?: I am a bit of a mover on the dance floor.
I am a whizz at song lyrics and can sing whole albums in my collection word for word (sad but true)

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off?: My vegetable curry. My apple and blackberry crumble.

-What's your favorite restaurant?: Veggieworld Milton Keynes

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?: Sing, visit friends , count my blessings, ring CG (Not necessarily in that order)

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?: gravy and... pancakes and yorkshire puddings in my post Vegan days

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"?: lamb chops!

·
Registered
439 Posts
The milkman

One pair with 'left ' and 'right' written across the toes in case you borrow them .

Because I cannot make you understand that gloves and socks are different and you insist on trying to poke your fingers through

Ummm.....
still the milkman

'

·
Impeach the gangster
10,052 Posts
Have you ever tried to give Clueless a clue? If so, did he understand?

Being an island dweller, do you have a fear of boats or the water?

Does Oscar fear all clouds or just the big rumbly ones or the ones that are shaped like dinosaurs?

·
Registered
2,272 Posts
What is your favorite thing to do when its cool out.
What is your favorite season?
If you won millions of dollars what would you do with it?
What other countries have you been too?
What are you Thankful for?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix Days View Post

Is there anything in this world you want gone?
Do you like floral print?
Want gone? Factory farms, cancer , ugly utilitarian buildings where people who have no choices have to live and have their misery compounded by their enviroment.

Floral print? Ummm....thats a thinker! Yes but not on my underpants.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capstan View Post

Have you ever tried to give Clueless a clue? If so, did he understand?

Being an island dweller, do you have a fear of boats or the water?

Does Oscar fear all clouds or just the big rumbly ones or the ones that are shaped like dinosaurs?
I stopped attempting to give Clueless clues when I realised that he wasnt clueless at all just very mischevious and ever so slightly mad...

No..I dont have a fear of boats as long as they are big ones with engines...I just came back from a cruise. But little paddle boats and row boats? Yes a bit.

Oscar shivers at the sight of pretty fluffy clouds I imagine he would pee himself if he were faced with dinosaur shaped ones!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacefulveglady View Post

What is your favorite thing to do when its cool out.
What is your favorite season?
If you won millions of dollars what would you do with it?
What other countries have you been too?
What are you Thankful for?
When its cool out..which incidentially it often is here! I love to light my fire, snuggle up with my dog, a good book and a glass of wine and watch the flames. God! thats sounds really old doesnt it???? But then I am.

Favourite season..Autumn I think . I love the colours of the leaves and smell of bonfires. I used to live near the sea as a teenager (almost on the beach ) and my favourite time was Autumn when all the tourists had left. Everything changed and you could walk along the beach wrapped up against the wind with the waves lashing. I liked the drama of the seascape then and the soliditude. It was a time when I was lonely and unhappy and it was my escape from the pressure of continually being a square peg and conforming . It offered me peace to be myself.

Gosh.. millions of dollars??? Like most people I often muse what would happen if I won the lottery (it would be a miracle in my case as I dont actually do it!!) but like everyone I daydream. Obvious ones..fantastic holiday. Probably a world cruise having now become fixated on crusing!! All my family and friends invited of course. Pay off everyones debts and mortgages while we were away.

The rest...invest in alternative methods of medical research to eliminate any animal experimentation.
open a sanctuary for unwanted pets, rescued ex lab animals, ex-race horses, greyhounds etc
set up an organisation to monitor institutional care homes properly and offer guidance to staff on how to deal with residents humanely and compassionately
go back to university and take a masters degree and train to become a mental health councellor .
invest in programmes which re-introduced nutrition and cooking into school cirriculums

AND....
buy a f### off big motor home the kind that look like five star hotels and have housing for a car underneath.
buy a f### off flash Aston Martin sports to go underneath!!!!

Places I have been ? USA (tourist Florida theme park and beach trail), Crete, Cyprus, France, Spain , and Italy.

What am I thankful for? Sounds trite but everything I have. Especially my family, my CG, my friends, my health and my own home. I work for Macmillan (Cancer support? dont know if you are aware of them in the states?) and everyday in my job I meet people who are terminally ill and often in debt too as a result. I have reason to sum up my life and count my blessings every single day. Working with the elderly, disabled and poverty stricken -as I have for many many years now -is a a good lesson in summing up what you have as opposed to what you have not.

I had a cancer scare of my own very recently ...I had biopsys and scans and had a nightmare two months awaiting results, this was time enough for me to work out what I was thankful for. Results suggest that I am clear!!! So yes thankful beyond belief for that news .

·
Registered
5,660 Posts
How did you fare during the recent London (and country-wide) riots?

What are the police like in your area? The avuncular Bobbies we see in the movies? Or thugs with steel-toed boots willing to crack down on anyone who protests on the slightest provocation?

How do you personally get along with the police in your area?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post

How did you fare during the recent London (and country-wide) riots?

What are the police like in your area? The avuncular Bobbies we see in the movies? Or thugs with steel-toed boots willing to crack down on anyone who protests on the slightest provocation?

How do you personally get along with the police in your area?
Hi Joe
The riots were pretty low key around here..in the outlining housing estates there were minor scuffles but in Milton Keynes city centre no problems that I am aware of except maybe a couple of shop windows broken. There were groups of 'rioters' in a nearby town but indications seems to be that they were merely kids grouping to join in the 'festivity' of the occasion! Due to the rarity of such events in our locality there was panic and hysteria both in the community and on media which led to a major exaggaration of the disturbances.

Speaking personally I live in a village about 10 miles from Milton Keynes where the village bobby is straight out of a black and white Ealing comedy! He actually rides a bicycle and stops and chats over the garden fence. Crime is practically non-existent thankfully.

In Milton Keynes itself it is more a case of bobbies in panda cars patrolling the streets but still with that quintesential British bobbie feel. They are generally personable and have a mounted police section engaged more in chatting to the public than thuggery. However, knowing a few bobbies personally I have no doubt that in extreme circumstances there are thugs in their ranks who are not above such activity!

I personally do not have much call to interact with the police in my area.

What is your experience of the police in your area Joe?

Are cops in the US as they are portrayed in movies ?

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
What's your favorite flower?
Do you chew gum?
What would your dog do if there was a pattern on an ironing board that was a cloud shaped like someone walking a dog?

Have you ever pet a cow?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

What's your favorite flower?
Do you chew gum?
What would your dog do if there was a pattern on an ironing board that was a cloud shaped like someone walking a dog?

Have you ever pet a cow?
Favourite flower -rose or lily

No...I dont chew gum ..I am a lady!!!!!lol

He would have a heart attack probably or at the very least pack his bag and leave home!!!

I have petted cows many times as a child as they lived over the fence from my house. My mother took me as a three year old picking blackberrys in the field and left me with the basket ..she came back to find me encircled by a herd of cows and screaming my lungs off!!!!

·
Banned
2,861 Posts
Quote:

Whats your favourite song to dance to?
If Hippy says that there is any song she would not dance to, including the funeral march, then ... She lies! She lies!

Bit of a hip-hop-happy-hippy she is! :p

And my questions ...

1. What would you like for Christmas?

2. What would you like for Christmas that costs less than £4.99?

3. Can you guess which you are most likely to get?

·
Registered
439 Posts
Quote:

Whats your favourite song to dance to?

If you could bend water, how would you use it?
Favourite song to dance to? Definitely Jump by house of pain but also love to dance to Dizzy rascal 'dance with me' and Justin Timberlake 'sexy back'

Bend water? Have to think about that one when I am not distracted by work! lol

·
Registered
232 Posts
Does your cell phone contract include a data plan?

1 - 20 of 55 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.