Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 163 Posts

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The next interviewee is danakscully64!
The week is from March 8th until March 15th.

Interview Guidelines:
  • Please only ask a few questions at a time, so others get a chance to ask some, and so the current interviewee does not get overwhelmed.
  • In order to become next weeks victim, you must participate in the threads. The current weeks interviewee will then select someone who contributed to their thread to be the star for next week.
  • Please keep VB rules in mind when you post. Keep it PG-13 or above, classy, and fun. No spamming, trolling, or anything you know you should not be doing.
  • If the current interviewee would like to pass on answering a question for whatever reason, that is A-OK. We want these to be fun to participate in, not uncomfortable or upsetting.
  • If you are chosen for the next week and you would rather not be interviewed for any reason, you can decline.
Have fun!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakscully64 View Post

-Real first name?

Heather

-Age?

-Sex/Gender Identity?

All Woman

-Relationship status?

In a relationship with a wonderful man

-Location (as specific as you are comfortable being)?

Southern California

-Political leanings?

Democrat

-Are you a vegetarian or vegan (or something else)?

Vegetarian

-What is the meaning behind your username?

Dana Katherine Scully (X-Files character) and 1964 was the year the character was "born"

-Have you ever met anyone famous?

I've met a ton of X-Files people like Gillian Anderson, Chris Carter, Frank Spotnitz, Rob Bowman, Martin Landau, and Jimmy Kimmel (not from XF). I've also seen about 25 other celebs/bands including John C Reilly, Minnie Driver, 311, The Killers, Spice Girls, Jessica Simpson, Eva Longoria, Kid Rock, Avril Lavigne, Cast of 8 Simple Rules, Snoop Dog, Amy Lee, Seether, and a few others.

-Do you live with any companion animals?

I have a dog (Sweet Pea aka Stink Pea), 3 chinchillas (Twilight, Shadow, Midnight), and a bunny (Mason).

-Do you live with any companion humans?

Yes, but not by choice

-Where is your favorite place that you have visited?

San Diego, I visit as often as I can

-What do you enjoy most about being veg*n?

I love knowing that I'm making a difference and influencing others to make more compassionate choices when they eat.

-With whom would you most love to have dinner?

Jonathan Taylor Thomas, I'd love to thank him for influencing my choice to become a vegetarian.

-What dish/recipe can you make that knocks people's socks off?

People are always impressed with my desserts like my vegan dark chocolate cupcakes, vegan balkava, and fresh baked breads.

-What's your favorite restaurant?

Chipotle. I can eat it everyday and never get sick of it. Happy Family restaurant (All Vegetarian, Chinese food) is in my top 3 as well.

-What do you do to cheer yourself up when you're feeling blue?

Get a few kisses from my dog and snuggle with my boyfriend. They both know how to make me happy

-What's your biggest cooking/baking disaster?

I once made a rice dish from a vegetarian cookbook that called for hard to find ingredients. I tracked them down, shelled out the money (it was a little pricey), and made it. Took a bite... it was so bad that I just tossed it on the spot.

-What's the one food/product, that you'd love to "veg*nize"?

Fish. Is someone out there working on that fish tree yet?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
oh, here we go.

What are your 3 favorite movies???

3 favorite male and female actors/actresses?

Favorite anchorman quote?

You're welcome.

·
Registered
10,728 Posts
Are you really going to be able to keep up with this?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by unovegan View Post

oh, here we go.

What are your 3 favorite movies???

3 favorite male and female actors/actresses?

Favorite anchorman quote?

You're welcome.
Movies - Frequency, The Notebook, Anchorman

Male - David Duchovny, Scott Bakula, and Jonathan Taylor Thomas (my first love)

Female - Gillian Anderson, Reese Witherspoon, Natalie Portman

I only get ONE Anchorman quote? My fav scene:

Brick: Yeah, I stabbed a man in the heart.
Ron: I saw that. Brick killed a guy. Did you throw a trident?
Brick: Yeah, there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident.
Ron: Brick, I've been meaning to talk to you about that. You should find yourself a safehouse or a relative close by. Lay low for a while, because you're probably wanted for murder.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa View Post

do you believe in UFOs?

do you think Uno is an alien?
I'm still on the fence, but I'm more of a believer than non-believer.

Of course.

Quote:
Originally Posted by *AHIMSA* View Post

Are you really going to be able to keep up with this?
I'm going to try!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Do you miss Texas at all?

If you could live anywhere in the continental US, where?

Are you happy?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridaisa View Post

do you read sci fi?

would you marry agent mulder if he proposed?

do you think Uno is the anti christ?
Not really, I'm not much of a reader.

No, because I want Mulder and Scully to marry

Nah, I love Uno.

Quote:

Do you miss Texas at all?

If you could live anywhere in the continental US, where?

Are you happy?
Yes, I do. I left behind some friends and some pretty cool places (the bay, Fandango restaurant, my apartment). Loved being down the street from Sonic and Sun harvest too.

San Diego, but that will happen in the future, no rush.

YES!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlend View Post

What kind of dog do you have?

What do you do for fun when you're not on VB?
She's a Staffordshire Bull Terrier mix.

When I'm not on VB? When does that happen?
I love to play games like Burger Shop 2 (my addiction, that an PVZ). Lately I've been doing outdoorsy things like kayaking and snowboarding, those are exciting. I want to get back into tennis too.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Heather!

flip flops or barefoot?
What culinary delights would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with your BF?
Have you ever seen any wildlife up close and personal? (And I don't mean squirrels!)
orange marmalade or strawberry jam?
pirates or ninjas?
Do you have any favorite pieces of jewelry?
Would you kill for a brief walk-on part in a future X-Files movie?
Are there any vegetarian/animal-related wonderful words of wisdom you want to share with us?

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
What's your amazing vegan balkava recipe? I have never made it particularly successfully.

Who are your favorite bands/musicians? (Top 5-10).

Do you or did you ever play an instrument? If you could instantly learn one instrument (with no effort) what would you choose?

·
Banned
8,995 Posts
What is like to grow up as a pretty girl? How, in your opinion, does the experience differ from growing up as a not-pretty girl?

What prompted you to become veg*n?

Your boyfriend or your animals - which do you choose, and why?

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Heather,

I used to work at Sun Harvest in Austin as a produce boy.

Are you a dog or cat person?

French fries or onion rings?

Vodka or Rum?

·
Registered
1,929 Posts

What is the craziest thing you've done to your hair and how did you feel immediately after?

Can you please share some interesting chinchilla facts?

What things in life are most important to you?

·
Registered
3,897 Posts
If you could be a character in any x-files episode, which episode would you be in and what character would you play?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Heather!
Hi Amy!

Quote:
flip flops or barefoot?
Barefoot, most of the time.

Quote:
What culinary delights would you pack for a romantic picnic in the park with your BF?
Whipped cream. That is all.
(just kidding!)

Quote:
Have you ever seen any wildlife up close and personal? (And I don't mean squirrels!)
No.

Quote:
orange marmalade or strawberry jam?
Strawberry Jam

Quote:
pirates or ninjas?
Ninja pirates

Quote:
Do you have any favorite pieces of jewelry?
My Tiffany's starfish necklace (my ex gave it to me, but it just reminds me of my 21st birthday)

Quote:
Would you kill for a brief walk-on part in a future X-Files movie?
Of course.

Quote:
Are there any vegetarian/animal-related wonderful words of wisdom you want to share with us?
Uhhhh, I can't think of anything for this one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saxyphonist View Post

What's your amazing vegan balkava recipe? I have never made it particularly successfully.
The Joy of Vegan Baking
Baklava

1 cup water
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ agave nectar
3 cups nuts (Pistachios, walnuts, almost, or pecans)
1 tsp cinnamon
1 (16 oz) package of Phyllo Dough (you will only use about half), thawed
¾ cup margarine, melted

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 9X13 - inch baking dish.

In a small saucepan, heat the water and sugar until the sugar is completely dissolved. Add the vanilla and agave nectar. Simmer for 15 minutes. Remove from the heat, and set aside to cool. You want this to be completely cooled before pouring onto the baked baklava.

Pulse the nuts in a food processor until they're a coarse meal (not fine crumbs). Add the cinnamon and mix. Set aside.

Carefully unroll the phyllo dough from the package. Trim the stack of dough into 9x13 inch sheets, so they fit into the pan (I use Athens Fillo Dough and it fits almost perfectly, so I don't trim it down). Keep the sheets that you're not working with covered with some waxed paper and a damp cloth (the waxed paper goes directly on top of the dough, the wet towel on top. If you have a helper, they can lift the paper/cloth as needed, makes it easier). Place 2 sheets of dough in the pan, and using a pastry brush, coat the top sheet completely with margarine. Spread a thin layer of the nut mixture, add 2 more sheets of phyllo. Repeat with the butter, nut mixture, and 2 phyllo sheets until you have a total of 8 layered sheets. For the top layer, place 2-4 phyllo sheets, but this time brush margarine between each individual sheet.

Using a very sharp knife, carefully cut the baklava into diamond or square shapes all the way to the bottom of the pan. This is important to do now because you won't be able to cut the baklava once it's baked without crushing the pastry.

Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the baklava is golden. Remove from the oven and immediately pour or spoon the (completely cooled) sauce over. Cool uncovered for at least 3 hours or overnight before serving.

Quote:
Who are your favorite bands/musicians? (Top 5-10).
1) The Beatles
2) Sara Bareilles
3) Brandi Carlile
4) Paul McCartney
5) Bree Sharp
6) Michael Jackson
7) Keri Noble

Quote:
Do you or did you ever play an instrument? If you could instantly learn one instrument (with no effort) what would you choose?
I know a few keys on the piano. I'm musically challenged
I would choose... the bass.

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlp View Post

What is like to grow up as a pretty girl? How, in your opinion, does the experience differ from growing up as a not-pretty girl?
That's a weird question
I've actually never considered myself a pretty girl, I just think of myself as average. Like any woman, I've always had insecurities. I think being confident gets use further than looks.

Quote:
What prompted you to become veg*n?
Silly story
I wanted to grow up and marry Jonathan Taylor Thomas and I knew he was a vegetarian (at least at the time, not sure now). I always loved animals and I wanted to be like/with him, so I made the jump at 18 (2004). The more I learned about the way animals were treated, the more I wanted to make the switch.

Quote:
Your boyfriend or your animals - which do you choose, and why?
This is going to sound horrible, but my boyfriend. If my bf gave me an ultimatum, I would choose my animals. I eventually hope to have a future with this man and spend the rest of my life with him. Not saying my animals aren't important to me, but I have a different kind of love for my bf.

Quote:

I used to work at Sun Harvest in Austin as a produce boy.
Oh I could so see that

Quote:
Are you a dog or cat person?
I'm both, it depends on the dog and cat.

Quote:
French fries or onion rings?
Onion rings!!

Quote:
Vodka or Rum?
Rum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AspireToInspire View Post

What is the craziest thing you've done to your hair and how did you feel immediately after?
I actually haven't done too much crazy stuff
I've cut my hair to my chin, that was shocking. I wanted it cut that short, but it was below my shoulder before that and I needed the adjustment period.

Quote:
Can you please share some interesting chinchilla facts?
Sure. I'm about 63% sure if chinchilla poop could run cars, my 3 could power all of the cars in LA county.

Chinchilla fur is considered the softest in the world and is thirty times softer than human hair.

Chinchillas have the highest fur density of any land animal with more than 20,000 hairs per square cm. Their fur is so dense that skin parasites (such as fleas) cannot live on one lest they suffocate. Whereas humans grow one hair from each follicle, a chinchilla has more than fifty hairs from a single follicle.

Quote:
What things in life are most important to you?
My loved ones, food, and security.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger View Post

If you could be a character in any x-files episode, which episode would you be in and what character would you play?
I would be Marita Covarrubias in The Red and the Black. You know, where her and Alex Krycek get it on

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
What is your favorite kitchen utensil?

What exactly was the deal with Scully and Mulder?

The hillside next to your house is on fire, you have 60 seconds to gather your most precious belongings, what do you grab?

·
Premium Member
34,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parsnip View Post

What is your favorite kitchen utensil?

What exactly was the deal with Scully and Mulder?

The hillside next to your house is on fire, you have 60 seconds to gather your most precious belongings, what do you grab?
Rubber spatulas.

What do you mean? They're in love! Always have been, always will be

Hillside? You mean 50 million other track homes?
My pets (their carrying cages will be nearby for some odd reason), my X-Files DVD's, laptop, and photo albums.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
If a crazy magician/witch/giant laser/evil genius/etc. decided that s/he was going to turn one of your chinnies or Mason into a giant, 15 foot tall version of themselves, which one would you rather be giganticized?

1 - 20 of 163 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.