VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok i warned from the beginning but didn't realise how truthful it is.

I think its became obvious when i went out with a friend thursday night and wondered what i was missing out on in here.

I need to stop, so whats some tips to at the very least reduce my time in here.

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
Blue,

Don't ask me, I've been trying to figure that out myself!

Actually, the most effective way to cut off the time you spend here is to ask the admin to ban you. I did that during finals, and then I came back.

·
Registered
4,819 Posts
You asked to be banned? You must've (are?) been really bad for not leaving here. Like I can talk. I'm probably here, viewing, reading, checking something off and on throughout the day myself.

Want to reduce time here? How about don't get notified when people post to threads that you reply to.

I have an idea... Get a small group of people that when they see you online, PM you and say "Get off!"

Hmm... maybe the first idea'd be better.

·
Registered
4,778 Posts
VB addictive?

Hell no!

I have it 100% under control. I can quit anytime. Just watch me!

(=typical addict behaviour
)

·
Banned
2,612 Posts
I find it more of a habit than an addiction. I turn my PC before I even wake up (habit) make sure I still have money in my wallet (habit) and make coffee (addiction).

But the first thing I do when the PC boots up (hours later, so it seems) is check in on the VB...

·
Registered
15,684 Posts
They have TV dinners. We should invent computer dinners! Wait, that might take away from our posting time. Never mind!

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Message boards play in to my addictive personality, and VB is the worst because you people are all so great, and it's not like I'm at a useless message board. This place is really necessary for many of us in a lot of ways.

I thought breaking my collarbone tonight (unintentionally) would slow me down, but here I am! You may simply luck out and wind up with shorter posts for a few days or so.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
ouch, u broke your collarbone eeesh! get better soon! This place is addicting, but I have found leaving the house,,, tends to make me cut back on my posting. Ack though this is my lazy time of year and I am a night owl. This place is like my refuge from the omni world i live in...ack I need this place its been the biggest help with my vegan transition...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Yeah, it hurts. In fact, the Vicodin is wearing off, and now I'm regretting that I'm still awake!

Thanks for the well-wishery.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts