VeggieBoards banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi guys!!

eating a huge variety of stuff these days and not counting nutrients etc ..its great.

just curious though,

with things like vitamin A, if you have a tiny amount of dairy, a huge carrot and then at dinner eat something heavy on pumpkin and spinach (mmm pizza...) is that too much?? is soy milk on cereal and tempeh at dinner too much soy? with allowing cheese and other proteiny foods again, am i at risk of too much protein, also?! how much is too much?? im not counting grams anymore, i just..i dont know. i don't know much about SENSIBLE eating, i guess..

xoxo

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hey luv, I'm sure if you stick to 'natural' food (no supplements) and you eat different stuff every day, nothing bad will happen, on the contrary. As we said before, you have to watch the big picture, like what you eat over a week, or two weeks, in all. I'm sure if you vary your food, it will be balanced. A good guide to go by is colour, and it's fun, too ! You must have some of every colour of vegetable in the week. Green, red, orange, yellow, etc. You can also vary by eating alternately fruity (avocado, tomato), roots, leafy and bulby (?! like pumpkin - I'm sure there's a word for this) veggies. Moderate amounts of protein will do.

Remember wholemeal cereals also contains quite some protein.

Glad you're having fun !

** and yes, you look wonderful ! **

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks raddish! yeah i uploaded pictures into the member thing..how technological of me!? thrilled.

and miss belgium, thanks, very wise approach. i dont stress about it much anyway now but i have noticed that ALL my favourite veggies are orange
sigh. sweet potato, pumpkin and carrot. lol.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
although i just noticed in the avatar coz its blurry, my tongue looks like my mouth is really odd. ahaha. ohhh technology, so proud.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
wise advice, tomato my dear

its what im doing riiiight now. im uncontrollable today but when you reframe your mind...its kind of fun.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Vitamin A is only bad if too much if its vitamin A palmitate, and only for pregnant women. Vitamin A in veggies is in form of beta carotene, and that is not bad, but your skin make get a little tint of orange if you eat too much over long period of time (happens to babies when they start eating veggie squash and carrots too!)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts