VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a recipe for a vegan vanilla frosting that wont melt? Everytime i make frosting with margarine and icing sugar etc it seems to go a little gooey, it's fine if kept in the fridge but i'm making cupcakes that need to be able to sit outside for a few hours without the frosting going yucky thye also need to taste good

·
Registered
12,282 Posts
The Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World vegan buttercream holds up pretty well... IIRC... it's 1/2 c margerine + 1/2 c shortening (I use EB brand of both), beat together, then about 3 1/2 c of powdered sugar beat in, 1/4 c soymilk beat in, then 1-2 tsp of vanilla... then you beat it for at least 5 minutes until it's really fluffy.

I'm at my parents' house for the w/e so I don't have my book with me, but someone else may be able to recheck it for you. I am pretty sure that's right, except for the powdered sugar... may be a little more or less...

·
Registered
12,079 Posts
I made the recipe RC is referring to. I added a little extra powdered sugar to make it more stiff. My book is at work but I'll check my computer...I might have stored it because I posted recipes for cupcakes previously. Not sure if I posted the icing, though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.