VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a PS2 but no TV. I want to hook it up to my laptop and use that instead. However I can't use a TV card, or I will have to pay for a TV license even if I don't actually watch TV with it.

I did some googling and some people said a VGA box works almost as well as a TV card. Has anyone got any experience with these things? Some say there is a delay between the action on the console and what appears on the screen. How significant is it? Will it make it too annoying to play? I don't play high action games where split second timing is important, like gun fights or anything.

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
On further googling I think I may have misunderstood and this would only work with a PC monitor.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I once had a PS2 with no TV, and never figured out a way to use it. this was back before PS3s existed though haha. I ended up getting a TV (my housemates split the TV license bill). Most laptops would not have a video input, so you may struggle.

What about a video capture card thingy? My dad has a device that converts old red white and yellow signal (PS2 uses this) into USB so he can record it on his PC. I have nooooo idea whether it streams live though. I bought it for him but have never watched him use it haha. You'd have to check that before purchasing anything.

You used to be able to buy monitors that attached straight to the PS2. Not sure how cheap you could get one for now

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Getting a TV isn't an option

I think I will try one of those video capture thingies, seems like people have had success using them in that way.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts