VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yay, I'm locked in for June for 3 weeks, LA, Sanfran, DC, New York and maybe somewhere else in between.

·
Registered
6,793 Posts
Sounds like a fun trip.

·
Registered
922 Posts
Sounds great.
I'm also travelling to LA in May through to June. It is my absolute favourite place; fabulous weather, scenery and people.

·
Arrrg! Me mateys.
5,591 Posts
Awesome! You'll have a great time! When you're in San Francisco, you should drive over to Berkeley and check out Cinnaholic.

Are you driving cross-country or taking a plane from coast-to-coast or..?
And since you're staying clear away from the south, and I'm assuming you won't be instigating anything with the locals, you have a good chance of not being stoned to death Ã* la Top Gear.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
You're entering the U.S.? Willingly?

Haha, just kidding sort-of. Have a great time!

·
Registered
889 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vefo View Post

Yay, I'm locked in for June for 3 weeks, LA, Sanfran, DC, New York and maybe somewhere else in between.
Stop in Philly, the birth place of America!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shyvas View Post

Sounds great.
I'm also travelling to LA in May through to June. It is my absolute favourite place; fabulous weather, scenery and people.
Here is hoping we both have good times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puppet Master View Post

and I'm assuming you won't be instigating anything with the locals, you have a good chance of not being stoned to death Ã* la Top Gear.
Nothing like that, common sense should prevail in other peoples country's, the south reminds me of here

Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

You're entering the U.S.? Willingly?

Haha, just kidding sort-of. Have a great time!
I always have a good time in the U.S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amy SF View Post

Far out!
To the people visiting L.A., you MUST try Real Food Daily.
I will be on the look out

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoBravo View Post

Stop in Philly, the birth place of America!
Sigh! So much to see, so little time

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Yes the 30th station is really central to a lot of things. If you can squeeze in the time to stop in Philly you really should. It's a nice city. It's also easy to take a cab from the station to places a bit too far to walk to.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sadly I'm not going to make philly, with it being peak season and trying to secure all accommodation and transport it became too difficult with the already booked path. And that is the problem with the USA, there is so much to do and see and years wouldn't cover it. Next time I hope.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElaineV View Post

No grand canyon? No Vegas? No Yellowstone or Yosemite? No Bryce canyon? You're missing out!
So true Elaine, don't make me feel bad
sad.gif

logistically I just can not cover even 1% of all that is to be seen in the USA in a month. Previously I covered 46 states on a road trip but had 4 months to do it, and another occasion a road trip from LA to Illinois, and after all that the reality was that I only scratched the surface.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm glad you are visiting different places. New York (the Manhattan area, and other big places like DC) aren't for everyone. There is a high crime rate, and it is extremely busy.

Stop in as many places as possible. Also Google some Veg* resteraunts for your area. HAVE A GOOD TRIP!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts