VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
Did you hear about the old lady who microwaved her poodle? Or the sewer alligators of New York City? How about lethal Pop Rocks and mysterious hitchhikers? See if you can tell which of these urban legends were true stories and which are just tall tales.
http://encarta.msn.com/encnet/depart...228&Quizid=228

I got 8/10 myself. Not bad.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
8/10

I missed the fig newtons one and the coffee one but since I don't like figs and don't drink coffee, I think I did pretty good.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
7/10. people who haven't taken the quiz yet, spoilers beware...

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]I got the kopi luwak one right, because I voted true. But technically it was false. They said the bean was 'partially digested' when they actually come out fine, because the luwak/palm civet only digests the coffee cherry surrounding it. So it's not QUITE as gross as they make it seem.[/SPOILER]

·
Registered
9,260 Posts
Thanks for that bit of info. I could just think of such great commercials for it. (Go take the quiz BEFORE you highlight the spoiler!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by isowish View Post

7/10. people who haven't taken the quiz yet, spoilers beware...

[SPOILER=Warning: Spoiler!]I got the kopi luwak one right, because I voted true. But technically it was false. They said the bean was 'partially digested' when they actually come out fine, because the luwak/palm civet only digests the coffee cherry surrounding it. So it's not QUITE as gross as they make it seem.[/SPOILER]

1 - 18 of 18 Posts