VeggieBoards banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have this unopened jar of natural almond butter in a glass jar. The expiration date says July 2011. Has it really been expired, or is it still good to eat?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've never had almond butter before, and neither has anyone else I know. Not to mention I'm the only person home at the moment!

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
You should be able to tell if its bad by smelling it. It will have a rancid smell from the oil going bad.

·
Banned
3,641 Posts
The dates are usually a "sell by" date. I have found that food is usually good way after the expiration as long as it has not been opened.

·
Registered
1 Posts
<p>I had what I thought was a terrible attack of the flu twice within a couple of weeks, but yesterday it occurred to me that I might want to check the expiration date on the almond butter that was in the fridge made by Whole Foods. Sure enough it said "expired on 02/July 2013" wow surprise, surprise!." Found an almond found an almond just now, got a tummy ache, dry heaves and the runs for 2 days now gas pains....hot air balloon take me away!! The PRINT IS TOO VAGUE!!!</p>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts