VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am I one of the only vegans who absolutely hates salads? Whenever someone wants to go out to dinner somewhere, and they tell me, "Oh, don't worry, you'll be able to get something -- they have salads", that usually produces a weak smile at best from me. I mean, vegetables are okay, but please, beat them into submission by cooking them like crazy before giving them to me.

And I looooooove fake meats and eat them almost every night for dinner. I can understand how some vegans get freaked out by this, but hey, I'm not ashamed -- the taste appeals to me and I'm not hurting animals in the least.

Does anyone else want to join the Unhealthy Vegans Club?

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
gee I think I've had like 1 salad in the last year LOL

I eat lettuce on sandwiches and veggie burgers though

·
Registered
750 Posts
omg you are my hero!!!

i hate salad, and dislike most fruits and veggies

they call me the anti-vegan vegan in the chat room

its all about the hydrogonated oils i say

yum

fake everything, bring it on

if it doesnt have salt, fat, sugar, and oil... i dont want it!

Caroline

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
just so I'm not confused by these un-health nuts .......i like veggies and fruit , just not a bowl of leaves ;-)

·
Registered
478 Posts
i don't hate salads per se, but i'm definately not a fan by any means .. I *refuse* to go to a place where the only thing i can eat is a f***ing salad.

i try to eat healthy but always fail miserably .. guess i just need to accept that healthy eating just isn't for me ...

·
Banned
261 Posts
I agree OZ, I will NOT go to a place that has just a plain old tossed lettuce salad. I hate iceberg lettuce too. Boringness. However, I'm a pretty healthy eater otherwise (though you could never tell the way I talk about what I'm eating at the moment), so this isn't really my thread...

Cassie

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
Now.. I love salads. This is not because I like lettuce. Or tomatoes. Or carrots. It's because I love oil and vinegar and any excuse to soak it up. The lettuce is a mere spoon to get at the dressing.

Mm, and just as a general rule, if it isn't totally fattening or rich and sweet.. Keep it away from me.

·
Registered
51 Posts
You all are a true inspiration to me! I normally try to hide my junk food in the closet, and then before I eat any of it, I try to drink like a gallon of water (not really, maybe just a cup, so sue me) to try to convince myself that I am full and that I do not want some fudge or cookies or peanut bars. The sad thing is, when I was vegetarian, I didn't want any of this stuff! Now that I am veg*n, and I found all these great recipes for vegan junk food, I want it ALL THE TIME.... go figure! **SIGH**

·
Registered
4,606 Posts
The way I see it, vegans need junk food! At least, I personally have to replace those lost cheese calories with something - guacamole and cookies all the way!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by CharityAJO

The lettuce is a mere spoon to get at the dressing.
Can I get a muthafreakin' witness! This thread hits so close to home I'm frightened. If one more chuckle-headed omni schmo says, You can have a salad here. I'm gonna make a point of vomiting on their shoes. Sheesh, is there no other way to consume vegetables?!

Cook 'em, cook 'em, cook 'em and smother them in tomato sauce and Vegan Parmesan or layer them on bread. [insert Grampa Simpson voice] Brrreeaaaddd!!!!

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
I forgot, don't let any high falutin' holier than thou uber health Nazi tell ya any different. You have a gol darned right to eat sick fatty snacky snacks even if you are a vegan.

The vegan police they live inside of my head! [a la cheesy Cheap Trick]

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
I hate salads. OK, i'm not a vegan, but I do detest salads.

I absolutely love junk food. My teeth are in a state, thanks to my sweet tooth. In fact, right now, I've got a bag of skittles right next to me. That kinda sums up my taste for junk food.

·
Registered
750 Posts
<<theif, theif, you stole that line from me, but since you are a fellow salad hater, you can use it.>>

you stole that line from me!!!

but since you are so cute, ill let you use it!

Caroline

1 - 20 of 62 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.