VeggieBoards banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so we buy hay for our horses from a local feed store, and every year they have baby chickens for sale and they keep them out front during the day in two tiny cages, and when they have like 50! chickens in each or atleast when they first put them up for sale.<br><br><br><br><br><br>
i was looking at them and they look so sad, and man did it ever make me mad, and i took pictures(i'll post them when i can).<br><br><br><br>
so what do you think i should do?<br><br><br><br>
should i just forget about it?<br><br>
should i go in ther and start yelling at them for dreating their chickens like that<br><br>
should i go in and try to calmly explain that, that many chickens need more space to live in.<br><br><br><br>
or should i write them a letter/email?<br><br><br><br><br><br>
thanks for reading<br><br>
-morgana<br><br>
would they even lisen to 14(and a half) year old girl, or would they just like laugh at me?

·
Registered
1,227 Posts
Maybe you could talk to someone who would have the authority to do something about it. I don't know who that might be but I'll bet someone else does.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I'm a big fan of letter writing. I'd get some friends to do the same if you can. It helps if you can threaten to go to the competition.

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
What about your parents? Would they be willing to speak to the feed store manager or owner on your behalf?

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
You could also write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper. They like publishing well-written letters by minors I find.

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
how do you think i shold write the letter?<br><br><br><br>
i was think something like this.<br><br><br><br>
dear(what ever the feed store's name is, i cna't remember right noe)<br><br><br><br><br><br><br><br>
"I would like to comment on the way you are keeping you babay chickens in rather samll cages.<br><br>
I was thinking that maybe scence you have a rather large area you could keep them, That you should keep them in a big coope or something to that matter. Because they don't look very happy in their tiny cages. you should keep them in a biger cage or coope."<br><br>
-morgana tyndall

·
Registered
16,090 Posts
A letter would be good. But before you send it, have someone here proofread it to fix any spelling and grammar errors you might have.<br><br><br><br>
Whatever you do, don't be tempted to buy any of them to "rescue them". That just encourages them to keep doing it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts