VeggieBoards banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a brand new vegetarian...just started last week to be exact. Went to a workshop where they were only serving vegan food. It tasted good, and because I did it for a week I was kinda scared to go back to the "old way". So I figured I'd give this a go.

The only thing is, my family still wants to eat meat, so I'll be cooking it anyway. *sigh*

Haven't incorporated much dairy back in...had some feta cheese on my greek salad today...little bit of parmasan...stuff like that. Haven't decided on the rest yet. I really enjoyed seafood, so the jury's still out on that one.

The one thing I notice, though, is that the vegetarian products, like the hotdogs, etc. all have a lot of wheat gluten, and I'm a bit sensitive to that...too much will bug my system.

Should be an interesting ride. Looking forward to learning more and finding the right blend of vegetarian for me.

·
Registered
47 Posts
this is a total YMMV situation, & i honestly don't know why i'm mentioning it, except that i was just thinking about it today, prior to reading your post.

i used to be sensitive to wheat gluten as well, but since going vegan it doesn't bother me a bit. i guess something else (probably milk and/or eggs...common allergens) was increasing my whole 'allergic load' or whatever the heck they call it. all i know for sure is i can now eat all the bread i want....and gosh i love bread.....

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guacivore View Post

Welcome aboard!!

And what was this workshop you attended with a week's worth of vegan food all prepared for you? I am really interested in this workshop!!!
Doreen Virtue's Angel Therapy Practitioner workshop.
It was an awesome workshop. You can PM me if you want to hear more about it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks for the welcome everyone.

Was looking at the Thanksiving stuff. Having dinner with my family on Sunday. They'll be fine about the change. Lots of people in my family have dietary restrictions. It'll be weird for me though.

I get juice duty...but I think I may bring a veg*n dish of some sort.

There are some interesting recipes here. Anyone got some recommendations for recipe books?

·
Registered
20,217 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by velmag View Post

There are some interesting recipes here. Anyone got some recommendations for recipe books?
This post is from the Recommended Reading thread from the Vegetarian Discussion forum. It contains a list of recommended cookbooks. There are other such lists floating around VB. Just click "search" at the top of the page and enter "cookbooks".

1 - 17 of 17 Posts