VeggieBoards banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first became a vegetarian, my doctor subscribed anti-biotic, with gelatin capsules. I just opened the capsules, mixed the contents with peanut butter or apple sauce, and ate it. Lately, I been looking for some pills, and they all have gelatin capsules. So, my question is, is mixing the contents of some pills with gelatin capsules un-veg*an, even if your not eating an animal product?

·
Registered
0 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
To some, Apple, it'd be considered unveg*an because you're actually buying those pills. Your money goes right in their (the pharmaceutical company using the gelatin capsules) pockets.<br><br><br><br>
HOWEVER, if you can find no suitable alternative (and you can't do without the antibiotic), I'd say you're doing the very best you can with emptying the capsules and simply using their contents...<br><br><br><br>
It really is difficult to find prescription meds that are encapsulated with gelatin. At least it is around here...

·
Registered
7,691 Posts
personally i don't consider any perscription drugs vegan since they're probably all tested on animals. but in some cases if it's a life or death situation, it's hard/impossible to avoid. however i'm still on a hunt for a natural way to control my thyroid condition without taking synthroid.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts