VeggieBoards banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As typically a veg*n diet includes more beans and soy than an omni one, since you've gone veg*n, have you noticed more um... gas?

·
Banned
2,081 Posts
I don't remember, it's been years since my transition. However, I imagine suddenly adding a lot more fiber to you diet would temporarily give you digestional issues until your system got used to it and started moving more regularly. I really have no idea though.

·
Registered
278 Posts
yes, mine lasted for awhile but then it went away. I'd say it lasted for about 6 monthes or more. Try gas-x? I dont know what I did, I think I just dealt with it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I eat large quantities of fiber (due to massive grain intake, my biggest food source). While this has certainly kept me regular, I also get lots of gas. I'll sometimes have up to 40g or more of fiber per day (which is around or higher than the RDA). In fact, one package of Bear Naked natural granola contains 33g of fiber. Of course, too much fiber can cause, in some cases, less nutrients to be absorbed, and major bloating and gas, plus a lot of bathroom visits (not diarrhea, but lots of excessive but regular visits). However, I also drink natural juice purees, which contain immense quantities of nutritients (one for example had 1200% Vitamin E, and 280% Selenium, and 100% of many important B vitamins and other minerals). But, they also have fiber. However, plenty of healthy fibers from whole sources help greatly in improving regularity, cleaning out the intestinal tract, strengthening intestinal muscles, lowering LDL cholesterol, satisfying hunger, and reducing calorie and fat absorbtion. Anyway you look at it, fiber is a good thing. Too much only means discomfort, but from what research I <i>have</i> done, there aren't any medical concerns.

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes!!!<br><br><br><br>
within a week of going vegan i noticed my BMs were much more regular and i had a lot more gas. i still get a lot of fibre (more than the recommened amount), but since then i think my body has adjusted since i don't get all that gas all the time, although i am still, uh, very regular.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts