VeggieBoards banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise me if there are any vegetarian magazines available to buy in the UK. I've been looking in all our local stores and haven't seen any.<br><br><br><br>
If there aren't any, can someone advise me what current magazines give veggie advice.

·
Ex-*****
5,391 Posts
There's one called Vegan which is published by the Vegan Society. I've seen it in the health food store.

11,550 Posts
i can't remember any names off the top of my head (sorry- been away too long!) but i remember seeing a few around in england. i think the bbc good food magazine might do a vegetarian version on occasion - i can't confirm it though.<br><br><br><br>
if you ask someone in charge at the newsagents, they'll have an order book, with a list of every magazine their newspaper and magazine supplier carries. if you ask, they'll probably let you look at it, you'll see what they can get in especially, and hopefully they'll order you copies of those magazines that look good.<br><br><br><br>
other than that, the best thing to do would be to ask in a local health food store, next time you're around one.<br><br><br><br>
if you get really stuck, you can always order the american vegetarian magazine 'vegetarian times', from: <a href="http://www.vegetariantimes.com" target="_blank">www.vegetariantimes.com</a> and get it mailed to the uk from the states. it costs just under $44 for a subscription of a years worth of magazines, sent to the uk (12 issues) which works out to 23 quid and 15p (ish).... so less than 2 quid a month all in, which doesn't sound bad! a lot of their articles and recipes seem to be on their website, which'll add insight into what the magazine is like, hopefully.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Hoodedclawjen you give great advice to all the questions I've asked on this website. We're still in the transition phase of moving from meat-eating to being vegitarian, but constantly learning more. From everything I've read to date, it definitely seems to be a much healthier lifestyle.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Both the Vegetarian society and vegan socirty in the UK have a mag. I read them at the public library. I also read the Ecologist that deals with ecological issues and product reviews (many of which are veg*n-telling you exactly what things are made from so it is good to discover the animal origin of ingredients that you might not have known) and recently thay had an article about where does your BLT come from?that dealt with factory farming in a clear and honest way. All horrible facts spelled out graphically. I read this one at my husband's school library but you could probably read it at the public library.<br><br><br><br>
Good luck finding some good reading material.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts