VeggieBoards banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
alrighty, i know it's still 5 months away (yes, i am counting) but who's going to the national vegan festival in london in september? i know there are quite a few british VB'ers here so i wanted to see who'll be there!

we (rootsofcompassion.org) went last year and had a stall there and we had the best time ever!

here is a photo of us from last year : http://www.veganfestival.freeserve.co.uk/2002/02_08.htm

i've already booked the stall for this year and we found really cheap flights from germany (only 29 euro one way)!

i am so excited. yyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyy

here are the details for anyone interested!

what: uk national vegan festival

when: Sunday 14th September 2003

what time: 10am to 5pm

where: Conway Hall, Red Lion Square, London WC1, England

(nearest underground Holborn click here for map)

cost: admission £1, under 16's free!

a day of pure vegan heaven .......

·
Registered
4,211 Posts
Ah crap. I live in Blackpool, so i'm miles away. If il ived in london, I'd be interested in this kind of thing, even though I'm ovo-lacto and not vegan. But I can't be arsed making the journey, so I guess you can count me out!

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Figures I'll be in London at the end of August... oh well. It sounds fun. I hope some people can make it.

Mskedi

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i started this thread five months ago (i was anxious!) ..... maybe we can merge this with the latest thread about the national vegan festival in london?

edited to add >> the newer thread is in the Activism and Action Alerts thread.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Wow! I live in N.Ire. I didn't know there was a vegan festival! I'd love to go but i'm only 16 and have no one to go with, plus gota go to school. Is it a camp? or just a 1 day thing?

what all happens at it??

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmuncher View Post

Wow! I live in N.Ire. I didn't know there was a vegan festival! I'd love to go but i'm only 16 and have no one to go with, plus gota go to school. Is it a camp? or just a 1 day thing?

what all happens at it??
there are lots of great stands, music, International Speakers, & Vegantastic Food & Drink

Plus Campaigning and Rescue Groups & the best Ethical Suppliers!

check out the website to see pics from the previous events and which organisations will be there.

go to >>> http://www.veganfestival.freeserve.co.uk/

it is one day from 10am til 5pm on the 14th september. some other folks from VB will be meeting there too

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
veggitash wrote >>>

Quote:
What a great idea!! I'll certainly do that providing I can go -- so far everything has gone wrong and I'm rearranging my transport!

Also, everything is now depending on the latest addition to my family - an orphan rat (yes, a regular "street" rat!) which I'm fostering. It's likely it'll die, but if it's lucky enough to survive until the 14th, I'll have to miss the festival to look after it. I don't mind though, it really is a cute rat

P.S. Thanks for the lovely e-card!!
oh no - i hope everything works out with your transport.

my thoughts are with your little rat friend. i do hope he will be okay....

i won't be online after friday. i am going to the netherlands for the international animal liberation gathering until sunday and then flying straight to england sunday morning.

i will *try* to check my email when i'm in england but the people we are staying with don't have internet accesss. if i see an internet cafe, i'll be sure to run in and check out VB and my emails

i hope to see you at the festival.

send me an email anytime you want to

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by with_open_eyes View Post

veggitash wrote >>>

oh no - i hope everything works out with your transport.

my thoughts are with your little rat friend. i do hope he will be okay....

i won't be online after friday. i am going to the netherlands for the international animal liberation gathering until sunday and then flying straight to england sunday morning.

i will *try* to check my email when i'm in england but the people we are staying with don't have internet accesss. if i see an internet cafe, i'll be sure to run in and check out VB and my emails

i hope to see you at the festival.

send me an email anytime you want to
'Ratty' is doing really really well -- tonight will be it's third night! I'm pleased it's survived so long. It's starting to take it's milk really well too

International animal liberation gathering?! Wow!! I didn't know about this! Sounds amazing.. I'm very jealous! Where about in the netherlands is it? (I have distant relatives in Maastricht)

What a busy time you have ahead! I hope you have a fantastic time at both festivals and a great journey. Hopefully I'll see you at the Vegan Fest.. when I know more about my situation, I'll e-mail you, just in case you find an internet cafe. If not, no worries

Take care,

Natasha

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeggiTash View Post

'Ratty' is doing really really well -- tonight will be it's third night! I'm pleased it's survived so long. It's starting to take it's milk really well too

International animal liberation gathering?! Wow!! I didn't know about this! Sounds amazing.. I'm very jealous! Where about in the netherlands is it? (I have distant relatives in Maastricht)

What a busy time you have ahead! I hope you have a fantastic time at both festivals and a great journey. Hopefully I'll see you at the Vegan Fest.. when I know more about my situation, I'll e-mail you, just in case you find an internet cafe. If not, no worries

Take care,

Natasha
hi natasha (veggitash)!

you should call rattie he or she, not "it" .... hehehe

he or she just sounds nicer and more like a being and not an object....

i'm glad to hear that s/he is doing well. you must be a really good foster mum

thanks for the message. yeah, i'm pretty excited for the gathering.

it is somewhere north of amsterdam (a three hour drive for us)!

i shouldn't even be on here (VB) writing but i had to reply to you.

there is still so much to do !!!!

anyway, i hope to see (or hear from) you in england.

**sarah**

·
Registered
156 Posts
I'll definitely go.. The missus is looking for some vegan shoes and I think I saw something on the site about that. I spotted the word "beer" so I'm there.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by with_open_eyes View Post

hi natasha (veggitash)!

you should call rattie he or she, not "it" .... hehehe

he or she just sounds nicer and more like a being and not an object....

i'm glad to hear that s/he is doing well. you must be a really good foster mum

thanks for the message. yeah, i'm pretty excited for the gathering.

it is somewhere north of amsterdam (a three hour drive for us)!

i shouldn't even be on here (VB) writing but i had to reply to you.

there is still so much to do !!!!

anyway, i hope to see (or hear from) you in england.

**sarah**
Ooops! I keep doing that, because I'm not 100% sure on the gender (although I *think* it's a little girl). I'm trying my very best to be a good foster mum, I just want her to survive, or at least be comfortable.

Thanks for your reply, depite having loads to do!!
You probably won't get to read this message, but if you do, have a safe journey and hopefully I'll see ya soon!

·
Registered
495 Posts
I'm afraid after several problems, I have had to make the decision not to go

It's mainly money really -- I'm saving it to buy my birdie a huge cage and then adopting a friend for him. So I guess I can't really splash out on a loads of vegan goodies right now.

Also, this is REALLY unlikely, but there is actually a very large security alert in London from Friday to Sunday, and although it's so unlikely anything bad will happen, my Mum isn't too pleased, so I can't go....

1 - 20 of 25 Posts