VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My husband and I want to go away for a week or so in October. The only places I've been on holiday in the UK are Butlins Bognor Regis and Edinburgh, so I'm a bit lost

Criteria:

- B&B (or cheap hotel, but we're on a budget here!) with veggie friendly breakfasts
- at least two veggie restaurants so we aren't stuck with boring food every evening
- by the sea
- a few tourist attractions for something to do

Brighton seems the obvious choice, but I think accommodation might be too pricey for a week

Please help, fellow VBers!

·
Registered
1,526 Posts
How about further along the coast - Portsmouth, or the Isle of Wight? I'm not sure about veggie b and b's or restaurants, but you could check on happy cow. If you want further afield you could try south/west Wales.

I don't go away very often in this country so I am not much help, sorry!

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
We <3 Bournemouth (we even got married there). Lots of nature parks/beaches/forests, etc. In the summer, it's wicked expensive, but by September the prices are a lot better. I've been hoping we can take an easy journey in October while IS and I are still a family of two, and Bournemouth is on the short list.

We had a nice time at a B&B in North Wales too, though we weren't near the sea. There is a nice veg B&B right on the coast of Cornwall that we nearly went to for Easter, but it didn't work out. It's not so cheap, but it looks amazing: http://www.coastcornwall.co.uk/

·
Registered
222 Posts
That looks ace Jen! I will definitely be paying them a visit within the next 12 months. Thanks for the link. You can go and stay in the chalet there with the wonderful sea view for £235 in October Gemma. Get it booked!

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I found a hotel in Brighton that would be under £400 for the week, but that place in Cornwall looks wonderful. I will consult with husband over what he prefers

·
Banned
7,160 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
It's done and booked, I am very excited

Unfortunately the cheapest option I found for public transport was just under £200 so it looks like I will be driving... even with a 600 mile round trip the petrol will be half the price of the train or coach. Sad

·
Registered
3,922 Posts
That always makes me sad, when it's cheaper to drive or fly than to coach or train

Still, fun little road trip for you

·
Registered
814 Posts
Another vote for beautiful Cornwall.

*It's where I was born*

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Don't know if it will help Earthling, but we often find that booking legs of our train journeys instead of a whole trip works out cheaper. It can take a bit of doing though. I think there might be some tips for cheap travel too on the MSE boards. www.moneysavingexpert.com (click on forums and there's one for UK travel in there)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts