VeggieBoards banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..
i never overeat. i just..don't get that hungry. ever.

and i had today planned out so nicely. cool little snacks between all the stuff i had to do.

even this veggie pastry thing for lunch when i was in the city!!

but...

its now 9 30 am...

and ive had..

piece of toast, FOUR plain cookies and black coffee, apon waking.

few stray almonds,

apple, few more stray almonds,

pita bread (um..WHY?) and dark chocolate.

its ONLY FREAKIN 9 30.

thats like..900 calories (the pita is 'energy dense'. they work well when you're not hungry

what hte hell is wrong with me today? but i didn't want to ignore what i wanted. i just..rahh?! and now i will have had too many grains. or too much..or..calories..i...what the.

sigh.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
ps . im sorry to whine. its just..its thrown my whole day off. and no it wasn't a day planned to the t. but i was gonna pick the veggie pastry (out all day) that was what i wanted most, etc. and play it all by ear. but now..ive kind of screwed it up. not to mention normally by this time im trying to force down 300. and most people aren't even up. i feel so disgusting.

except..that physically i dont. physically im ravenous still. i could cry. seriously. today was going to rock.

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
I don't know, sounds fine to me. There's nothing wrong with you, you're just eating normally. Don't let it "throw your day off", just keep on with what you had planned anyway.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jessica alana- thanks for the reply. i guess..yeah i guess its ok.

kiz- 900 calories by 9 30am really sounds fine to you? honestly?

thats normally? (no im really asking). and then if i have a salad sandwich at lunch ..thats not too much bread product. and then..i ...argh its doing my head in. i thought everything was great. and im determined to do the right thing, hence the not stopping when i was hungry. but now i just feel listless and gross. and hungry. argh

·
Registered
12,132 Posts
Yes, honestly. It's not like you eat like that every day, every meal. It's normal to be hungrier some days, peckish others. I don't know much about your situation so I won't offer advice, I just wanted to answer your question of "is this normal?" because it is. Quite, quite normal, and a perfectly OK to start a rocking day.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
taurus: there are days when i could eat a nine inch waffle, and a plate of eggs, and a glass of soymilk and still be hungry after breakfast....

and then there are days like today where i really wasn't hungry at all.. it balances out. tomorrow i expect to be ravenous.

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
It doesn't sound like overeating is a normal thing for you so don't stress yourself about it. If you tend to undereat, it probably just caught up with you and your body wanted to balance itself out.

A lot of people eat 900 calories at every meal.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
are you serious?! wow. oh..ok. i didn't know that. i guess im just surrounded by people who don't.

so with the whole 'well ill continue to eat normally all day' thing..aren't i gona be doubling up on stuff like carbs? isn't that..i dont know..bad?? (and honestly, if im told no, ill listen. as wrong, SO WRONG
, as it feels)

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
libellula- good point. i wasn't hungry yesterday . i know it balances. it just freaks me out. plus i dont know what to eat for the rest of the day, damnit.

i just felt so..organised. before..

lol

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
A typical fast food or restaurant meal usually tops 900 calories so yeah, a lot people eat that much at every meal. I'm not saying it's a good idea and that it should be an everyday thing, but every now and then if you're extra hungry, it's not a big deal.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks codemonkey. its just surreal to get used to eating a 'normal' amount and then suddenly OVER that. or something. i dont know. oh well.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
okay, saying "i don't know what to eat the rest of the day" makes me sad, taurus. you should eat what you want, when you want it.

i eat what i want, rather than planning out meals...

granted, i know that when i go to the dining hall for breakfast, i'm either eating eggs and toast or oatmeal, but i want to eat those foods on those days..

dont' worry so much. it worries me

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i did!! funnily enough, i wasn't starving and wasn't craving bread anymore!!
it DOES balance out. so instead of a salad sandwich, i had a massive awesome salad. and i feel great.

dinner's with the boy. but i feel fantastic. a bit full , but thats a-ok. no idea how many calories ive had but lots of greens and 'good fat' and probably some protein here and there :p

·
Registered
0 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

it DOES balance out. so instead of a salad sandwich, i had a massive awesome salad. and i feel great.

dinner's with the boy. but i feel fantastic. a bit full , but thats a-ok. no idea how many calories ive had but lots of greens and 'good fat' and probably some protein here and there :p
I'm happy to read this. You always pull through and come out strong, taurus.
You go, girl!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
Don't focus on the calories so much, that is what led me to my ED (Binge eating...).

Focus on good healthy food, and eating when you're hungry. Don't plan too much :)

·
Registered
2,511 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by taurushead View Post

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thank you SO much for the help yesterday. my day DID rock!! dinner was amazing, a huge chunk of white toast with butter, a poached egg (he had three, i had one. lol.) , soya mayonnaise, sauteed garlic and spinach and mushrooms, steamed zuchini and asparagus with parmesan.

SO satisfying. SO lovely. he's awesome.

so that was great. then we went out. then when we came home, i wasn't even hungry! probably due to the good meal. but had this strange desire for white toast. so had it. x3 . with butter. and a cookie. and i didn't care. not about the 'whiteness' , not about the calories. not about..anything. and it was amazing. didn't eat breakfast this morning, just espresso and an apple, not coz i was 'making up ' for last night but just coz i wasn't hungry. had a fabulous morning. then a HUGE salad sandwich for lunch, at every last bit, for some reason, this last 24 hours im ravenous. its awful, very unsettling. its like my body's going 'go nuts! go for it! overeat!' which isn't cool. i wasn't 'starving' at all, before. ate the bread, was just regular ol' rye bread. no high protein. no wheat free. nothing. and after last night..that should have been a bit scary but it wasn't. it was perfect. AND fit in a coffee. all in the one sitting! no grazing all day! (although ill probably be back to that tomorrow).

tonight im meeting my friend for pancakes. i can't WAIT and am literally badly craving the icecream that goes on the side. its just one scoop, but its the best vanilla icecream ever. im going crazy?! and i can't decide if i like it or don't. its making me nervous. because when i have 'no rules' there's so much i want to 'catch up on' eating. if that makes sense. kirsty alley style. sigh.

but whatever...

i do feel like sh*t though, but its lack of sleep NOT the food. :p

1 - 18 of 18 Posts