VeggieBoards banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Hi, iscariot, I hope that we can help you with ideas. You might want to look into things like meat substitutes if it makes it easier for you (though personally I don't use them if I can help it.). TVP for example, which comes in chunks or mince, provides a lot of protein. Soya, aswell - in soy milk, tofu, soya nuts, or the raw soya beans themselves (which you can find in the freezer section, I have discovered!!), often called edameme. All these foods provide you with plenty of protein, as will your nuts and seeds. Just watch the fat content of the nuts!! You can get plenty of protein from beans such as chickpeas (garbanzos), kidney beans, etc, as well as lentils. Lentils make great curries, or even try a lentil loaf, or make lentil stuffings for veggies like squashes and peppers.

The recipies thread on here should help you with things like that, and if you have any health concerns there are health forums too!

Enjoy exploring the site and vegetarianism - if you've any questions then you can message me whenever you like.

pirate

1 - 1 of 1 Posts