VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
I suggest adding hot chiles (fresh thai chiles are my current addiction) to what icicle suggested.

Or, you could stir-fry them with a sweet and sour sauce:

equal parts soy sauce, sugar (unrefined sugar, brown rice syrup -- something sweet) and rice vinegar, mixed with grated or minced ginger, garlic and thai chiles (or cayenne, or hot sauce) to taste. Bring the mixture to a boil, simmer a couple of minutes and toss with cubes of tofu and the udon noodles.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Udon noodles with asparagus

5-8 spears of asparagus (cut into sections)

handfull of chopped snowpeas

1 package of udon noodles

several leaves of bok choy (chopped up)

handfull of cashews

3 cloves of garlic (minced)

soy sauce

seasame oil

canola oil

heat a wok to a medium-high heat with canola oil and then add the asparagus. Cook for a couple fo minutes and then add the noodles, snow peas, garlic and cashews. Fry until the vegetables are tender then add a shot of soy sauce and sesame oil then the bok choy. Stir together and fry until the bok choy is cooked.

·
Registered
904 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by triumvir

Udon noodles with asparagus

5-8 spears of asparagus (cut into sections)

handfull of chopped snowpeas

1 package of udon noodles

several leaves of bok choy (chopped up)

handfull of cashews

3 cloves of garlic (minced)

soy sauce

seasame oil

canola oil

heat a wok to a medium-high heat with canola oil and then add the asparagus. Cook for a couple fo minutes and then add the noodles, snow peas, garlic and cashews. Fry until the vegetables are tender then add a shot of soy sauce and sesame oil then the bok choy. Stir together and fry until the bok choy is cooked.
Tri cooked that one for me when I was visiting him and it's really yummy.
(at least I think that's the one he cooked)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.