VeggieBoards banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

On a whim my sister and I have decided to go to London and Edinburgh for a couple of weeks this summer. Since neither of us have ever been out of the country, I was wondering if any of you who are either world travelers or residents in either area would be nice enough to give us some tips as to places we shouldn't miss, should avoid, or traveling tips in general. Also, if you know any places with yummy veg food, that'd be nice, too!

Thanks!

Mskedi

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's a great site, Loki; thanks! One of the places in Edinburgh is just down the street from the hostel we're hoping to stay at.

Mskedi

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Mskedi,

My hub and I visited over there a few years back. We only stayed in London for 1 day so I can't help much there, but we drove from London, to York, to Edinburgh...just to begin the trip... As far as places to stay...Bed and Breakfasts are all over...we made no reservations and never had a problem finding places to stay, and they were gorgeous and not to expensive. There are lots of yummy Indian restaurants all over and other good food. I would be happy to give you any other info that I can remember...just PM me.

·
Registered
76 Posts
There's a book called Vegetarian Britain as well which might help, you could get a copy of it over here. Or have a look at www.yell.com (the yellow pages site) and just search for vegetarian restaurants wherever you're going. I wouldn't worry though, buth London and Edinburgh are supposed to have loads of veggie restaurants.

Have a great trip! (P.S. If you need a convenient halfway point come to York!)

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Moomin, Gazumper & Slynny,

Thanks for the tips!! I think I'll end up well-fed.

We're taking Britrail from London to Edinburgh, and the way I understand it we can hop on and off as much as we like with the pass, so it's likely we'll stop off in York, actually, if it's on the route. (I still need to get a Britrail map -- I'm not sure exactly what I've gotten myself into...)

Mskedi

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Hell knows, if I'm able to, maybe even I can join in the ride...I live in england... Anyway, feel free to PM me if you want to chat more about things any of you!!!...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts