VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my full two weeks vegetarian.

the same packet of chicken tenders is still in my freezer. Only my teenage son has touched them.

I will be honest and did eat some meat, but the full amount I have eaten in two weeks is less than what I would eat in a day, so that is a possitive step.

Here are some things that have been surprises for me.

1. Made a Tofu dish last night that my eldest son said is now his favorite dish.

2. A well meaning friend at work is worried that I will become ill. Told me I should eat at least poultry.

3. Lost six pounds.

4. For the first time, got slightly ill walking past the meat case. Meat never bothered me before, but seeing a large pork roast got me a little ill. It was the amount of meat I think.

5. Thought wheat germ was just for hard core vegans, but found I love it!

6. Even though I have not cut eggs and diary out, I noticed I am looking for substitutes or cutting down.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by countMeVeggie View Post

Congratulations on your two week veggieversary!

BTW... what was the tofu dish you made?
I was just throwing things together but basically it was this.

I marinated the tofu in a little red wine and soy sauce. Then I seared it to brown it a little.

I sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms. Then added a little red wine and water to start a sauce. I used paprika and pepper as seasoning. When The sauce was cooked down a little I added the tofu.

I thickened up the sauce and served it over noodles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapetra View Post

I marinated the tofu in a little red wine and soy sauce. Then I seared it to brown it a little.

I sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms. Then added a little red wine and water to start a sauce. I used paprika and pepper as seasoning. When The sauce was cooked down a little I added the tofu.

Thanks for posting. I am always looking for good and quick meals. This will be dinner tomorrow night.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapetra View Post

Would that still taste ok without the red wine? No alcohol for me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts