VeggieBoards banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my full two weeks vegetarian.

the same packet of chicken tenders is still in my freezer. Only my teenage son has touched them.

I will be honest and did eat some meat, but the full amount I have eaten in two weeks is less than what I would eat in a day, so that is a possitive step.

Here are some things that have been surprises for me.

1. Made a Tofu dish last night that my eldest son said is now his favorite dish.

2. A well meaning friend at work is worried that I will become ill. Told me I should eat at least poultry.

3. Lost six pounds.

4. For the first time, got slightly ill walking past the meat case. Meat never bothered me before, but seeing a large pork roast got me a little ill. It was the amount of meat I think.

5. Thought wheat germ was just for hard core vegans, but found I love it!

6. Even though I have not cut eggs and diary out, I noticed I am looking for substitutes or cutting down.

Just thought I would share.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Congrats, sounds like you are on the right path. About the coworker, it is nice she is concerned but she is wrong. You dont need any animal products to be healthy.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by countMeVeggie View Post

Congratulations on your two week veggieversary!

BTW... what was the tofu dish you made?
I was just throwing things together but basically it was this.

I marinated the tofu in a little red wine and soy sauce. Then I seared it to brown it a little.

I sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms. Then added a little red wine and water to start a sauce. I used paprika and pepper as seasoning. When The sauce was cooked down a little I added the tofu.

I thickened up the sauce and served it over noodles.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapetra View Post

I marinated the tofu in a little red wine and soy sauce. Then I seared it to brown it a little.

I sautéed onions, garlic and mushrooms. Then added a little red wine and water to start a sauce. I used paprika and pepper as seasoning. When The sauce was cooked down a little I added the tofu.

Thanks for posting. I am always looking for good and quick meals. This will be dinner tomorrow night.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by leapetra View Post

Would that still taste ok without the red wine? No alcohol for me.

·
Ankle Biter
9,333 Posts
Wow - congrats on your two-week veggieversary!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts