VeggieBoards banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EDIT: Wow, I totally typoed the title of this thread bahah... I guess the "are" was supposed to be "with"... who knows -shakes head and wakes away into a hole-

Hi guys
I recently graduated from uni this past April... I studied Photography, but I did two projects during the last 2 years that were stop motion films. They are not perfect, as I didn't have any team or anything, so I had to figure out how the heck to do it by myself and only had about three months for each one to research/storyboard/building..yadda.

Anyway, thought some of you would be interested as they both have little animals interacting (no humans!).

"The Twitchy Watcher" was my first attempt and "Hubert & Snarley" was created this year from February-April.

The Twitchy Watcher

Hubert & Snarley

If you watch one or both, make sure to watch them in the highest quality if you can.

Cheers!

·
Banned
4 Posts
I dunno there is motion training in the course but you should check out THE VIDEO BOSS, Just type it in google. A friend of mine is attending that course and his video making capabilities have remarkably been increased.Boot camp Arlington

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, these two films are made out of photographs so I didn't use a videocamera. Is motion training referring to the program "Motion" or to stop motion?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I love making stop motion stuff. I'll check out yours in a bit.

·
Give peas a chance
1,715 Posts
Very cool. I like the sets. It reminds me of the Brothers Quay.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

I love making stop motion stuff. I'll check out yours in a bit.
Cool, thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo View Post

Very cool. I like the sets. It reminds me of the Brothers Quay.
Thanks Mojo! I love the Brothers Quay.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I didn't really understand the first one, but it was cute. The second one was amazing. Love it!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

I didn't really understand the first one, but it was cute. The second one was amazing. Love it!
Thanks vegkid!
And yeah, the first one is a little more ambiguous. It's about the existences and interactions of these decrepit little animals in an old house, and the mouse is watching the cat from afar and wants to get to know him, and eventually they meet and the mouse trusts the cat to be around her little baby mice. Not supposed to have a huge storyline, but hopefully it's still enjoyable.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I understood that part. I just didn't understand the bony bird thing and its involvement, or the title. Overall though, it was cute.

·
Registered
19,134 Posts
Those are wonderful!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

I understood that part. I just didn't understand the bony bird thing and its involvement, or the title. Overall though, it was cute.
Oh
The "Twitchy Watcher" referred to the mouse. Mice kind of "twitch" their noises and he was always watching the cat, hence the Twichy Watcher
The bony bird was just one of the creatures in the house. If this wasn't a school assignment I probably would have developed the story a little more but I had like 3 weeks to shoot it so I did my best.
Thanks again for watching xo

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamJen View Post

Those are wonderful!
Thanks so much IamJen! xox

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
It made more sense than my claymation school assignment that I made. It involved a little boy on a playground petting a cat, then throwing a rock at a bird who then goes rabid and attacks him, and ends with burning stakes and a meteor falling from the sky on top of him.

I am totally mentally sound

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Quote:

It made more sense than my claymation school assignment that I made. It involved a little boy on a playground petting a cat, then throwing a rock at a bird who then goes rabid and attacks him, and ends with burning stakes and a meteor falling from the sky on top of him.

I am totally mentally sound
hehe oh wow, intense.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts