VeggieBoards banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quote:
I could be here today talking to you and in one month you will get the news that I disappeared. I will protect the forest at all costs. That is why I could get a bullet in my head at any moment ... because I denounce the loggers and charcoal producers, and that is why they think I cannot exist.

[People] ask me, 'are you afraid?' Yes, I'm a human being, of course I am afraid. But my fear does not silence me. As long as I have the strength to walk I will denounce all of those who damage the forest.
http://www.treehugger.com/files/2011...nvironment.php

·
Registered
35 Posts
For money, people will destory nature and the lives of those who get in their way. Disgusting.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
At least one more has been killed

Quote:
At least three rural activists have been killed in the region in less than a week: Jose Claudio Ribeiro da Silva and his wife, Maria, in the state of Para, and Adelino Ramos in the state of Rondonia. A fourth person who may have witnessed the murders in Para was also killed.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/0..._n_869206.html

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
A lot of people consider themselves environmentalists but aren't. It's good that they're trying to prevent deforestation of the Amazon but that alone does not make a person an environmentalist. I really wish they'd use a different term. It's still a tragedy though.

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm a bit lost, Rainforests1. Are you saying the people that have been killed aren't environmentalists? If so, why?

I'm not really involved in environmentalism myself so I'm curious about the reasons behind what you said.

·
Registered
7,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almeria View Post

I'm a bit lost, Rainforests1. Are you saying the people that have been killed aren't environmentalists? If so, why?

I'm not really involved in environmentalism myself so I'm curious about the reasons behind what you said.
[email protected]:
I also would appreciate clarity here around the point that I guess rainforest1 is well, pointing to and why exactly ~ what motivates your reasoning to denounce them as not real enviromentalists or whatever you're getting at rainforest1.
I GOT to admire someone risking death by protecting the forest but maybe RF1, there is more you can tell?... (as reflected by your username for one thing, which btw has always made me glad to see VB has like me another forest devotee kinda person).
Just wish activist deaths
didn't have to occur in the process, whoever these 'enviromental crusaders' are?... Crusading for green one has to assume just like an enviromentalist?..

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rainforests1 View Post

A lot of people consider themselves environmentalists but aren't. It's good that they're trying to prevent deforestation of the Amazon but that alone does not make a person an environmentalist. I really wish they'd use a different term. It's still a tragedy though.
Most likely people who aren't environmentalists wouldn't be risking their lives to protect the ENVIRONMENT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.