VeggieBoards banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,664 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rine-park.html

Quote:
dolphin expert Nadja said: 'I do not think Chelmers or Shadow died of natural causes. I think our dolphins have been poisoned.' Now Swiss prosecutors have confirmed that are investigating the deaths of both dolphins.
Public prosecutors department spokesman Patrick Muller said: 'We are investigating. We are looking into the death of both dolphins this week.'
Furious animal activists say they warned both the marine park and local planners - who gave permission for the rave - of the dangers before the event.
They had been concerned that the high levels of noise could damage the marine mammals sensitive sonar and hearing and harm their delicate immune system.
'At this stage we don't know whether they were poisoned or bludgeoned to death by the noise. But one thing is certain - two healthy dolphins don't die within hours of each other for nothing,' said one campaigner.
Connyland has denied any wrong-doing.
I am actually furious right now. What?! They gave PERMISSION to have a RAVE there? And then they're surprised when the dolphins die horribly, and even try to deny any wrong doing? Wow.

I think even people who try to justify keeping dolphins in captivity can agree this place needs to be shut down and the people who allowed this to happen should be punished

Even looking at it from a completely heartless and cold perspective this doesn't make sense. Aren't dolphins really expensive? Wouldn't they want to keep them alive so they could continue to make money off them? Human stupidity amazes me.

·
Registered
7,577 Posts
That's a misleading headline. Although the deaths appear to be from noise or more probably poisoning of some sort, there isn't really anything factual in the story to indicate that the dolphins were actually "fed drugs".

But yeh, why the hell would the park allow a party to take place right where partygoers could have access to the dolphins. The party promoter must have made them an offer they couldn't refuse.

·
Registered
585 Posts
$$$ This world has effed up priorities :-(

·
Registered
642 Posts
This article just seriously confuses and deeply saddens me.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusty_scholar View Post

This is really sad! The amount of stupidity involved has left me speechless... just whaaaa?
  • \t \t\t \t\t\t
    \t\t
    \t
It's a triangle of stupidity. The park management, the party promotor and the people who bought tickets to go.

·
Registered
201 Posts
This is so terribly sad. Those poor dolphins. All the noise and music must have bee torture for them

·
Registered
3,097 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelii36 View Post

This is so terribly sad. Those poor dolphins. All the noise and music must have bee torture for them
Hell, it's torture enough for me to have to endure the habits and musical tastes of ravers and I'm not even a dolphin.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cause of death has been released.
Quote:
Two dolphins at a Swiss theme park died after ingesting a heroin substitute around the same time as a weekend rave at the park last November, according to reports from Switzerland.
A toxicology report from a forensics institute in St. Gallen, Switzerland, showed tests found traces of the heroin substitute buprenorphine in the dolphins' urine, according to a report in London's Daily Mail online, citing Swiss media reports.
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/05/07...iref=obnetwork

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
WTF?! I am surprised any drug user would want to part with any of their Suboxone just to get their kicks watching a dolphin get high.

SO sick. Morally vacuous a--- ok I'll stop there.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
This is so sad.

Also, in the original article, I came across this statement:

Quote:
A pair of dolphins may have died after being fed drugs by ravers after a second animal died.
Is it just me or does that not make any grammatical sense? Like, the second animal died before the first one? Then why was it the second animal?

·
Beanitarian
1,002 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegkid View Post

This is so sad.

Also, in the original article, I came across this statement:

Is it just me or does that not make any grammatical sense? Like, the second animal died before the first one? Then why was it the second animal?
You're right. Spelling seems to be a challenge as well.

Quote:
He could hardly breath.
Yuck, I read the rest of the article. It sounds like the drugging was a guess & some are concerned the noise killed them. The description of the dying process was pretty horrific.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts